Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL....

my theory is a Spanish Trove is buried there from the time after Poussin's Shepards of Acadia was painted..........following my clues I have found the tomb

+

the money pit is the distraction and the booby trap, but clues were left on the island to find the above tomb

+

the island was probably known for its markings and the area was known by the Privateers like Kidd so word got around that it was a good place to hide out and in the mid 1700's there was a Masonic theft of part of the Havana raid, as Robot said, and this stash was buried in the money pit.....and removed by the masons when they funded the revolution

The rest is left in confusion of the evidence being from three major locations and tales of a "Treasure Island" that was a tale told with a similar map to throw off the lurkers there. Namely a person we all know from Hollywood

Mr. James Bond is that very author......can you believe the name is taken from these tales for the Ian Fleming novels....?? Ian Fleming was a notorious spy, for the mission he even coined OP JB as the name for his role in stealing the gold from under Hitlers nose.

A mission to infiltrate the Nazi Party through the spy and 2nd in command of the Reich, N.Bormann and rescue him with the location to all of the Nazi loot they had stored in Caches and Vaults.......

View attachment 1073483 View attachment 1073496

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
LOL....

my theory is a Spanish Trove is buried there from the time after Poussin's Shepards of Acadia was painted..........following my clues I have found the tomb

+

the money pit is the distraction and the booby trap, but clues were left on the island to find the above tomb

+

the island was probably known for its markings and the area was known by the Privateers like Kidd so word got around that it was a good place to hide out and in the mid 1700's there was a Masonic theft of part of the Havana raid, as Robot said, and this stash was buried in the money pit.....and removed by the masons when they funded the revolution

The rest is left in confusion of the evidence being from three major locations and tales of a "Treasure Island" that was a tale told with a similar map to throw off the lurkers there. Namely a person we all know from Hollywood

Mr. James Bond is that very author......can you believe the name is taken from these tales for the Ian Fleming novels....?? Ian Fleming was a notorious spy, for the mission he even coined OP JB as the name for his role in stealing the gold from under Hitlers nose.

A mission to infiltrate the Nazi Party through the spy and 2nd in command of the Reich, N.Bormann and rescue him with the location to all of the Nazi loot they had stored in Caches and Vaults.......

View attachment 1073483 View attachment 1073496

YOU found the Tomb...? What was in it...?

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
For anyone interested in reading about how poorly the revolution was (under)funded, the information is readily available online. You don't even have to go to the library for this. If the Freemasons were involved, they didn't contribute much. Just saying.

Or, we can continue basing theories on speculation that runs contrary to the historical record. Don't be angry with me when I bring it up though.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
HA! Robert MORRIS (think he signed the DOI), was the MAIN "funding source"; dunno if he was a Freemason. ANYWAY... the "Money Pit" looks like a WELL, with h2o "source from the sea"; OR... a Pirate MIDDEN or "Trash BIN".

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes this is the final location according to navigational points used from these clues left in Paintings, Writings, Carvings, and in Terra Formed areas that were deforrested in a particular way to allow for an overlay of a map to show the final location in Nova Scotia, relating to the clues left all over the area, the tomb lid shown is clearly present, and carved out of solid rock in the same shape of the painting
View attachment 1073778 This is the tomb pictured below

View attachment 1073790

they are set in a form of navigational mapping system using the Merica to get here, charted in the Poussin Mapping overlays formed here....

very easy to chart....

but it takes the ability to see "Between subtle shading and the absence of light lies the nuance of iqlusion", and that there are codes in the PALIMSEST drawn on Shakespeare's Tomb

These quoted words are taken from the Kryptos Statue on the CIA's front lawn.........UH OH

The next solve from Part 2 of Kryptos used the keyword ABSCISSA......a y- axis tangent off the x- axis.....HMMMMM do we have the x and y axis here too???

This is getting weirder by the minute.....LOL....just for you guys

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not own a permit, but have partnered with Finder's Keepers in hopes of removing the lid, and taking some pics at least by this years end......prolly wont happen unless we stumble upon a chest of gold somewhere with a scan of the area, but I am at least going for ground photos.

So we anticipate some stores of gold and silver, and the Temple of Jerusalem's artifacts, including the Menorah, and the Torah, and possibly either the body of King David, or Jesus entombed....

The clues translate to say " I too am in Acadia ", so we believe it is important....yet not very well known to the current events crews/news agencies yet

My goal here is to attract attention to the solve and location by social groups, filmmakers, authors, publishers, historians, and graphic artists to gather the right looking representation of the discovery I have made.

hooch

Banned
Aug 4, 2008
Ahwatukee
Another google earth solved mystery lol I'll believe it when you have some photos and real treasure in hand with a BANNER thread posted up top. I think 52 people found the Dutchman mine over the last couple of years on here with google earth as well ;) And we know where those never ended up lol im soooo tired of trying to wade through the BS claims on Treasurenet.

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way the coconut fibers were taken from the Island of Bermuda

The Island is known for being the furthest north that coconuts are found in the Eastern part of North America,

so it would have been nothing for the Spanish to harvest them and take them up the Gulf Stream on their way around the coast.......remember they made this trip every time this way, clockwise around the coastline to Nova Scotia then across the Atlantic from there right to the coast of France and Spain,

or if they tried to go directly East through the Carribean Islands to the Mediterranean Straights, they faced the headwinds, the opposing currents and doldrums, and the sargasso sea, not to mention the hurricanes and the other hazards of pirates attacking at greater speed from the front, so they always came through this coastal route following the warmer Gulf Stream if they expected to make it safely.

denemante

Tenderfoot
Dec 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave Rishar - I hear you, and I'm with you - almost I think. I just posted this: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/o...sland-real-mystery-if-there-even-mystery.html

Are you confirming that today, there is not a shred of evidence that anything we hear in the stories was ever real? I too speculate it was a fabrication from the start. Men following stories by men, either dumb or blinded by the lure of treasure. They dig and invest when their only proof was hearsay. So I'm seeking some evidence that there was ever anything man-made under Oak Island.

On the TV show, their simulation graphics show the Y-shaped drain on the beach that supposedly feeds the "boobytrapped" flood tunnels. Really? Then that whole supposed drain entry would need to be pretty shallow. Take 20 minutes and go dig it up. Am I missing something? Has this already been done, so the "drain" is fact? If the drain is not there, and perhaps has been washed away by hunters and time - well then it shouldn't work anymore. Go dig in the money pit with no fear of flood.

As for the coconuts - Oak Island is upwind of the Gulf Stream (Florida, Caribbean) - so it's no stretch to think over hundreds of years, coconuts washed up on the shores of Oak Island. Especially on the areas where they were supposedly found.

denemante

Tenderfoot
Dec 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting theory - the money pit is a distraction. IF anything about the underground man-made tunnels or even the original money pit with it's layers of logs is even true, it would take a massive amount of manpower to build all that. Far too many loose ends for anyone who was directing the project for the purpose of hiding something important. So it does stand to reason that perhaps someone would hire/have laborers dig for months or years to build what "the money pit" supposedly is/was on Oak Island. Then when all those laborers go back to their families and start talking, everyone would be looking in the wrong place. But if you had some priceless treasure and wanted a decoy treasure pit - why would you even bury the real treasure on that same small island? You'd know that in the future, it would be trampled on by countless hunters.

That begs the question - if the elaborate pit was a distraction - then the real treasure was still somewhere - and it would still take a group to bury/hide it. And those same few would still need to be sworn to secrecy. If you assumed you could trust them - then why even bother with a distraction pit? Just take your team of 8 men, go out in the woods somewhere and bury the real treasure vs. taking months/years to build an elaborate decoy.

On that note - maybe the money pit is real, and the lead planner had hundreds of men build the pit and boobytraps, then sailed them all out to the middle of the Atlantic and sunk a ship with them on it.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
On the TV show, their simulation graphics show the Y-shaped drain on the beach that supposedly feeds the "boobytrapped" flood tunnels. Really? Then that whole supposed drain entry would need to be pretty shallow. Take 20 minutes and go dig it up. Am I missing something? Has this already been done, so the "drain" is fact? If the drain is not there, and perhaps has been washed away by hunters and time - well then it shouldn't work anymore. Go dig in the money pit with no fear of flood.

As far as I can tell, no one has dug up the beach, and the drain is not a fact. Coconut fibers have been recovered, but not in any great amounts.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The drain is not a fact he says.....

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dave Rishar -

As for the coconuts - Oak Island is upwind of the Gulf Stream (Florida, Caribbean) - so it's no stretch to think over hundreds of years, coconuts washed up on the shores of Oak Island. Especially on the areas where they were supposedly found.

One point that gets missed in these discussions regarding the coconut fibre and its 1260-1400 dating is the fact that coconuts did not exist anywhere in the Atlantic Basin prior to 1500 when they were introduced by the portuguese. The A.B. consist of all the water between the eastern coast of the Western Hemisphere to the western coast of the Eastern Hemisphere. This means it would have been impossible for coconut fibres to have floated to Oak Island before 1500AD. They could only have been brought there during that time period by ships that traded in the Eastern Mediterranean as that is where they were used as rope (coir) and packing, arriving there through trade with India. It is a known that the Knights Templars left Cyprus in 1307 for France with a large number of vessels and a great amount of treasure (all documented). Supposedly these treasures were off loaded in France but were never found, and a little later that same year these vessels left France and they were never found. I'm just saying!

New Gold

Nov 25, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't matter what anyone tells Rishar. He doesn't want to believe there's anything there.

How's that saying go? You can lead a horse to the library but you can't make him think.

Something like that.

New Gold

Nov 25, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. If we didn't have different opinions a forum would be pretty stagnant.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
One point that gets missed in these discussions regarding the coconut fibre and its 1260-1400 dating is the fact that coconuts did not exist anywhere in the Atlantic Basin prior to 1500 when they were introduced by the portuguese. The A.B. consist of all the water between the eastern coast of the Western Hemisphere to the western coast of the Eastern Hemisphere. This means it would have been impossible for coconut fibres to have floated to Oak Island before 1500AD. They could only have been brought there during that time period by ships that traded in the Eastern Mediterranean as that is where they were used as rope (coir) and packing, arriving there through trade with India. It is a known that the Knights Templars left Cyprus in 1307 for France with a large number of vessels and a great amount of treasure (all documented). Supposedly these treasures were off loaded in France but were never found, and a little later that same year these vessels left France and they were never found. I'm just saying!

Was it known that they left with coir?

Was coir typically used as dunnage in that region, at that time?

Was it known exactly what they left with?

Was it known where those treasures were offloaded?

Is it known just how much coir is under the beach?

Is this coir connected with a possible buried treasure, or was it brought by someone else?

If this was done by Templars circa 1307, does the timeline work out? (Note that some of the Templar "evidence" may have to be thrown out in order for this to work, which in turn means that the theory may collapse...)

As always, we're left with an abundance of speculation and a dearth of actual facts. That's just what I'm saying, and what I've always been saying, and what I'll continue to say until solid evidence or a treasure (which I suppose is pretty solid evidence!) turn up. Once something does turn up, we should then try to figure out how it got there - not the other way around.

I'll concede that a documented find of coconut fibers (that were properly carbon dated) is extremely interesting...but then again, I've also said in the past that I believe that eastern Canada's history is more interesting than we currently know. Neither of our theories prove the existance of treasure on Oak Island. I'm leaning toward a greater Norse presence than is currently suspected.

I'll answer my second question here has a freebie, in order to explain something else. Were coconuts known in the Middle East during this time period? I think so, yes, but they weren't grown there - they were imported at some cost. It would make sense that the points of origin would use such an available and relatively inexpensive material as dunnage for shipping goods to that area, so I can believe that there may have been something of a stockpile there during that time. The question is, were there any people who were sailing to that area in the 13th century that were also sailing to the New World for certain?

The answer is yes, but as you've done your research you doubtless already know about them. I'm willing to discuss them if you'd like, although the trail becomes a bit tenuous at this point. It is a documented trail though, and speculation is only necessary in order to tie up the loose ends. We know that they went to the Middle East and we know that they went to the New World, and they did both during the same time period. I'm personally much more comfortable speculating on things when I'm basing those speculations on facts.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dave, There was 3 1/2 tons of coconut fibers found in the 1960s, its on paper with the carbon dates I posted. The fibers were found in a 145'long trench at Sheerdam Cove 2' deep covered with stone

As far as I can tell, no one has dug up the beach, and the drain is not a fact. Coconut fibers have been recovered, but not in any great amounts.

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
It doesn't matter what anyone tells Rishar. He doesn't want to believe there's anything there.

As I've said in the past repeatedly, I very much believe that something is there. I don't think that it's treasure, but I'd love for that to be there as well. I merely pointed out the problems with stories. It's something that I've been trained to do.

Instead of focusing on what a horrible person I am, focus on how I'm incorrect. We're discussing opinions and theories here, not people. Or are we?

Your mocking is noted, but rest assued that I'm not offended. I'm no stranger to it. I normally interpret ad hominem attacks as proof that my position is solid and has been adequately explained, so that mission may have finally been accomplished. When you're ready to shift your focus from my character to my argument, I'm ready to continue discussing it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread