the (cold) bitter end

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Well here it is, December, and we're still getting to go digging! But, I feel today might have been our last day this season. When the sun went down today it was cold!, the ground was gelling up and the air felt much colder than the -4 C we were experiencing. Not much for plus temps in the near future so, I guess if we get out again, things will have to vastly improve.

New site today, lots of cool buttons, odds and ends and a coin or two.
My one and only military button for the year came in the form of a TLV button, glad to see it! My one penny Tiffin token was the one coin I got for sure. Lots of buttons and such, a couple of early pewter spoon bowls, and a whatsit( off an old oil lamp maybe?)
You know I'll be back to that site when it's a warmer day and a whole lot sunnier!

Attachments

• be1.JPG
    be1.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 105
  • be2.JPG
    be2.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 104
  • be3.JPG
    be3.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 118
  • be4.JPG
    be4.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 95
  • be5.JPG
    be5.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 8

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great way to end the year IH. I like those buttons lots!

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds all the same, I am going out sat, it is supposed to be 4 not five but 4, it is almost t-shirt whether.:tongue3:

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes a great way to end the year, with a military button...she is cold out there...you had a great run and there is always next year...

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice pile of oldies there IH. Hope you guys get a few more opportunities to get out before ole man winter rears his ugly head.

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going out with a military button would be nice...I'll be out tomorrow for what will most likely be my last land hunt...time to break out the rubber boots to hit the beaches!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great new site. I like the TLV button, looks War of 1812ish. But what did TLV stand for?

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Looks like a great new site. I like the TLV button, looks War of 1812ish. But what did TLV stand for?
Thanks, yeah the whole area is awesome, our new site is right by some other great sites we hunted a couple of weeks ago and a time or four over the last dozen years. The researchers are scratching their heads a little still, no nailed down identity to the button yet but you're right 1812ish is my guess too

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Going out with a military button would be nice...I'll be out tomorrow for what will most likely be my last land hunt...time to break out the rubber boots to hit the beaches!
I would like to hunt more, but it's a day to day thing; then maybe I'll take a hike up the shores for some crusties.
I know you got some nice beaches down your way, time to get revved up!

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Nice pile of oldies there IH. Hope you guys get a few more opportunities to get out before ole man winter rears his ugly head.
Thank you Bill, I may get another shot, but this year was kind to me with quality stuff, so it's all good
as always....just one more!

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Yes a great way to end the year, with a military button...she is cold out there...you had a great run and there is always next year...
Yep it was getting tense there for a few minutes when IP got a couple and I was still needing something in my pouch.
The universe saw me without and then one came my way; when you're used to finding them, its great,when you don't is when you notice it even more

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice mitt full of buttons and the one TLV is a nice find, I guess we all have to face the ugly fact that the freeze up is here.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man your sites produce a hell of a lot of keepers. Hope you get out again buddy but If you don't I know you'll be finding great sites for next spring

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I guess Steve already asked my question. (about the button)

Yes yesterday wasn't so bad, but the ground went hard over night for sure, good job you did getting out for what might very well be the last time of '14.

I kept checking the ground today for maybe a chance to go "very" local, but it never thawed out. (tear)

Looks like you guys had a good dig with lots of targets as usual.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread