The Coming Change.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This may be a little hard to follow and I haven't had enough coffee this morning so nevermind my spelling.

I spent several hours on the phone last night to make sure it was ok to post this since this represents a SIGNIFICANT investment opportunity.

I work for one of the big boys in the mining community so I am kinda privy to a little more info than most.

So on to the point. There is a shift going on right now. The availability of large scale deposits of minerals is in a serious decline. Simply because most of them have been mined out. The only large scale copper deposits I now of that have been found in the last few years are the one over in Romania and Pebble Beach in Alaska. It is the same with most other minerals, especially nickel.

A lot of the big boys are looking at "investing" in small scale operations, not only because of reduced environmental impact but because of reduced liability on the big boys. Smaller mines are easier to rehab. Rio Tinto is currently doing this in Africa, not only to make money, but to reduce the impact on the environment and the health of the local population. Stomping gold ore barefoot in a 55 gallon drum full of mercury isn't really all that healthy.

I flew back to PA here last week to obtain some funding for a reclamation bond because of what we are sitting on right now. I have a friend back there who is rather well off and he set up a meeting with a few of his well off friends. I really don't enjoy talking to them (except my friend) but I do enjoy drinking their high dollar Scotch.

The basis of the meeting was investment in the small scale mining and investment in such. They are beginning to understand that with a little capital investment, a significant return can be had. Thankfully I won't have to make that trip anytime soon again.

In my situation, $2.5 million was put up for a reclamation bond for a 10% return off the top. For what we are sitting on that 10% is nothing, yet would be a rather lucrative investment for them.

Large scale mining is going the way of the dodo simply because there are not enough of economically minable deposits for it. So we are left with small scale. Watch for it to start happening soon. This is also why the eco's are going bonkers right now. This is in Congress right now to revamp the laws for small scale mining.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"This is in Congress now to revamp the laws..." I assume that they are trying to lessen the regulatory and enviro burden on small scale, right?

OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"This is in Congress now to revamp the laws..." I assume that they are trying to lessen the regulatory and enviro burden on small scale, right?

In a sense, yes. What is being pushed right now is if it is a free milling ore, then it can be dealt with on site. If it requires chemical or other treatment, it is to be sent to a centrally located refinery, smelter, whatever. Some off these are already in place in many areas. Strike a deal and we're off.

I am not poor by any means, so I get to talk to a lot of people. Money will only listen to money. And now they no there is a lot of money to be made if this is done right and it has opened ALOT of eyes.

For instance, sulfur dioxide is a byproduct of many sulphide ores, so figure out how to recover it, instead of blowing it off in a smokestack, and sell it to make sulphuric acid, needed for heap leaching copper among another things. I am dealing with a cerargyrite deposit, which gives off chlorine gas when smelted. Wanna guess what chlorine tablets for your swimming pool are made of?

It all comes down to showing the well to do and our ******* congress critters how they can make money off of it, and what ever you want will be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

golden ray

Jan 30, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
& Lobo
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I remember correctly, didn't Obamo issue a statement last year
saying that due to China over taking us in the mineral mining business;
a policy would be put in affect to cut down on red tape & long waits
for permits. Due to large companies tired of waiting 'years' & countless
fees just to 'start' a new operation !!!!

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EMGOLD has been trying to jump thru hoops for ten years to get the once famous Idaho-Maryland mine permitted. Unfortunately the mine is located in Grass
valley/Nevada City area - the lion's den of regional enviros. They have promised everything but the kitchen sink to the community, to no avail. Its been over
3 months since I checked, but I think they've given up and are packing their bags. So much for policy to cut red tape!!

OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry everyone, been a little busy. In the process of selling out our claims. We were offered enough.

The biggest problem is the eco's themselves. Their all for high technology as long as the materials for that high tech are not mined in "THEIR" backyards. So the NIMBY's throw a fit and get it stopped. So companies move to third world countries where they can pay slave wages and use child labor.

Those two facts in my mind make the radical eco's no better than the slave owners of the South before the Civil War.

I really find in unfortunate and really pathetic that we have to fight for our right to the American Dream.

OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Edward,

The terms eco and enviro are used interchangeably. They represent those who think their crap don't stink because "they want to save the environment from all of us evil capitalists who only want to rape and pillage the land for all it's worth". Funny thing about it is the fact that their precious "green energy" WILL NOT happen without mining for the necessary rare earth metals needed for their "green energy".

So in essence, all they are is a bunch of hypocrites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread