Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Wednesday, I decided to load up the CTX and head out early for a park in upstate Rockland County. There are some municipalities that will allow you to metal detect in their parks providing you are a guest of a town resident. I called my buddy who lives where I was going and gave him a heads up in case I got stopped by the local Sherriff. I also carried the email from the local Parks Department.
I was swinging the coil by 9;30 A.M. Little did I know that this hunt would turn into a marathon. (8 hours).
I hit a silver dime in the first hour of the hunt. But it was the recovery of an Indian Head Penny. that let me know that I wouldn't be going home early.
There were clad dimes and pennies everywhere and enough quarters and nickels to keep me from getting bored. I recovered a 14 kt Gold filled wedding band and a silver hoop earring, as well as a very rare Green Marble. (Marbles are cool).
My finds for this hunt were: 10q, 48d, 16n, 48 memorial pennies, 7 wheat pennies, 2 Indian Head Pennies, a 1934 Mercury Dime, and a 1950 Silver Roosevelt Dime. My total coin haul was 133 coins.
IMG_6331.JPG IMG_6332.JPG

IMG_6333.JPG IMG_6334.JPG

IMG_6335.JPG

On Thursday I heard the forecast of a rainstorm that was going to dump 2 inches of rain on the NYC area on Friday and Saturday. So I decided that another ride was in order. I decided to hit the same park and the CTX was the weapon of choice. It is a big park and there was still plenty of open lawn that I had not searched. Although I didn't start swinging the coil until 1;30 P.M., the plentiful finds kept me swinging for 5 hours. One coin in particular, an 1826 Large Cent, put me on notice that I would be riding home after sunset.
In addition to the Matron Head Penny, I dug out a Sterling Ring. My total coin take for the hunt was 128 coins. Two days in a row where I went home with more than 100 coins,
My finds for the day were: 18q, 42d, 7n, 55 memorial pennies, 4 wheat pennies, an 1826 LC, a no date buffalo nickel, a Silver Ring, a dog tag, a bullet, and a junk earring.
Yep, I would say
"THE CTX WENT BERSERK"

IMG_6325.JPG IMG_6326.JPG

IMG_6327.JPG IMG_6324.JPG

IMG_6323.JPG IMG_6330.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 31

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Bud, those were some great hunts! Congratulations [emoji482]

HH, RN

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I'd say you were very busy! I would've slept in the car and got back to it first thing the next morning!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well Done there Windman. A couple more hunts like that and you'll be ready for the big move.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know....that is something that has just been missing from my hunts. When I first started, many, many moons ago. I would hunt some HUGE old parks! I even hunted Centennial Park back then when it was still allowed. I've hunted some large farm fields but no actual large parks. I really used to enjoy that back then!

I'm going to have to do some research!

Excellent post and hunts!

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome! My knees ache for you!

Cosmo3

Feb 8, 2017
Chattanooga, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Hori-Hori Knife, Gerber Folding Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations mate, with my health problems that is a weeks worth of digging for me just one of them. And boy some really great finds. Oh to be young again. 8-)

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a couple really good hunts, keep going back!

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two killer hunts, Congrats!!

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It seems like you're the first one at that spot. Busier than a cat burying sh*t on concrete haha, I wonder what you'll find next.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread