The CUT is GONE ( For Now ) : [ BUT this is what it was all about ! SCORE !

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well as some of you know I haven't been posting in the past few weeks ( On Purpose ) I was being stalked....Some people were actually trying to locate me on the beach.... I found it a little scary, and sometimes freaky... I actually had a few guys yelling for Whydah, and asking if Whydah was here on the beach today.... I guess Gold & Silver makes people do funny and crazy things.... I would NEVER even try to locate someone on their beach or area without asking to meet them first....... I will say, that I did meet a couple new guys that were genuinely nice.... and a few that I would rather not mention.... Lot's of strange people out there folks....
Ok now for the good stuff.... My friend Leprechaun & myself put some serious hours into our hunts in the past 3 months... We both went and bought ourselves Minelab CTX 30 30 machines,...I will not bore you with pictures of my $325.00 in clad, nor will I show all the garbage we cleaned off the beaches that we have hunted... Remember that these pictures are from just a few different hunts.... I also want to say, that we put everything into safety deposit boxes at the bank.....so don't get any crazy Ideas.....I am armed 1 night a week, you pick the night,... all 3 of us will be waiting ( ME SMITH & WESSIN )... One last thing... I have never even had to wright like this before, but due to the recent stalking....I guess it is, what it is.... Never thought I would have to look around before digging targets.... What's the world coming to?... Enjoy the pictures 7 ring day (3).JPG 8 Pieces Of Gold (30).JPG 9 ring day (11).JPG Black Onyx (3).JPG Double Class Rings (2).JPG College Rings (21).JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Whydah, you always make some great finds and have been nice enough to share so many with the readers of this forum. Thanks for that. Be careful out there as it seems the lowlife types are always somewhere close by. I never post any of my really good finds for this reason and only share with a PM to a few. I hope to someday become a very good treasure hunter like you. Maybe Stealth hunting and only sharing with the readers occasionally is the best way to go for safety reasons.
Thank You for your input and thoughts... I will continue to post just not as frequently...Happy Hunting

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Stalking ehhh! Happens in land-based relic hunting too. I managed thru research and much footwork, to locate a few fort sites which state and local communities forgot about, and they were being destroyed by development at that time; or by projected development. Therefore, I drove over 100 miles one-way every weekend in the cooler months to map and excavate these sites. The relics and history I'd display at museums and libraries. I donated 75% of the artifacts to the museum(s) or the museum and the landowner--depending on how the landowner(s) wished to disperse the historical artifacts. Then I started to receive calls from people wanting to assist me--"to be of service to help me clear and map the site and recover artifacts for the museum, & perhaps, a few for them. Of the 12 people I brought in to assist: two quit because the work of hand-clearing the palmetto woods with machetes was too difficult. One assisted for a year then moved away. Four began trespassing on the site and bringing others immediately after. Two of those four got my digs expelled from neighboring property. That landowner would allow only one or two on his property, and he had to go off for the day so he did not want anyone on his property in his absence. The two I invited showed up with a third person, a girlfriend with a metal detector. Soon as landowner left, all three moved in on his property while I was out in the adjacent woods where we were all allowed to clear and dig in numbers. First, I noticed them absent. Then I heard yelling. The neighbor came home and found all 3 on his property (which did not require clearing). He yelled at them then at me when I showed up to see what had happened. He closed the site indefinitely to anyone. I finally was allowed on the property about 10 years later after his death--new property owners allowed me on there individually. Then their was the relic hunters who brought another uninvited friend. Both showed up high on cocaine and one was at the car attempting to get another snort before entering the woods. That did not last long and I shut them out future hunts on the property. Of course, they, too, came back again trespassed into the woods without my or the landowners acknowledgement. In a late evening phone call, the landowner informed me he and his rifle assisted them off the land and he sternly asked me to either screen people through his approval next time or else, end the project once and for all. Then, there was the four shipwreck salvors who were directed to me by the local museum during their off diving season. They assisted on two digs then quit, claiming the work and aggravation was too much--harder than shipwreck salvage they proclaimed. Of course, they took off with all the relics they dug, did not allow me to get photo record as agreed and did not leave some for the museum. One did hang around the area for awhile. He rented a cottage from another neighbor-a 75 year-old widow. He stole her electricity; dug a pit in the adjacent woods and established an underground grow house. The renter noticed the sudden rise in the elec. bill, investigated, then followed a partially exposed extension cord into the woods and discovered the operation. That dude ended up serving some time. Of these 12, plus the few extra temporary mistakes I mentioned, only one person stood by me and honored my agreement and that of the property owners. He ended up working with me on three additional sites and only quit when he went back to college then moved away. He found his first musket ball and his first uniform button and his first historic bottle and his first 1700's Spanish coin while digging on these sites. As for me, it did not end at the site in question. Few of the former problems I mentioned, after visiting one of my public exhibits actually put 2 & 2 together and learned of my next project 130 miles away. They actually saw my car parked along the landowners orange grove and jumped onto the property without permission and greeted me thinking it humorous. Trouble has happened just recently too. A pipeline was placed through the beach site of Ft. Lauderdale and the local archeologist team was their for the first shovelful, and thereafter. I, being the former county archeologist (a 12 yr. Vol. position), volunteered to assist, giving them my contact information. I expected to get a call. However, someone came into the site at night, went under the ropes and dug through the pits, digging and stealing artifacts from the site. When I showed up to assist and took out a detector, I was flat refused and was treated like a criminal. A park guard in a truck was put on me and followed me around as I left the digs to detect the surf line. I had just fed the meters close to $15, expecting to be there all day to assist. So, in disappointment, I chose to hunt the surf in hopes of recovering some of that expense. I was followed for near two hours and was treated as I was the accused. Finally, I approached the park employee and learned what had happened. Henceforth, today, I have only three people who work with me and landowners with regard to preserving artifacts and placing them in the museum. They are me, myself, and I. All others can go take a flying leap because that will never happen again. Except, maybe, for the one person who worked with me for 4 years before moving away. He could jump in and assist anytime. Good luck in keeping your dig sites private. SD

Last edited:
OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Great response to the post. Keep up the honest and good work... I'll try to keep the cut a secret next round....LOLOLOL

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have enjoyed seeing all you have found, it gives a newbie like me hope. I might have stalked you, but it didn't occur to me. Well that and I'm too lazy.

Keep in mind the motto of all of us on Tnet. " if I can't find it, let Whydah have it" seems like it works that way anyhow...

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks Jeff, I keep a better eye out these days while on the beach....

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
as will I next time I can get to one

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I have enjoyed seeing all you have found, it gives a newbie like me hope. I might have stalked you, but it didn't occur to me. Well that and I'm too lazy.

Keep in mind the motto of all of us on Tnet. " if I can't find it, let Whydah have it" seems like it works that way anyhow...
I like that "MOTTO"... happy Hunting

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to take my digital camera to my local church and show people what I found. I didn't start finding any silver or gold until last November and I've quit doing that. I metal detect alone because I am only responsible for me and most of the people who give me permission insist that I do not bring anyone else on their property and after reading some of these posts I understand much better. You found quite a nice amount of gold and silver and old coins, but the cross that your friend found was the nicest of them all. Be careful out there, good luck and happy hunting.

I'm not worried about my church family, but talk does get around and if the wrong person hears it, it may lead to trouble. I put all my jewelry I've found in my safe deposit box for safe keeping and when I have enough I will send it to a refinery. Loose lips sink ships....

Last edited:

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found out this Wednesday at church that some people had went on the ladies property who gave me permission to metal detect there and taken over 200 arrowheads without getting permission. The word gets around the community what people do and they think they are getting away with something, but it just hurts everyone who asks for permission and gives people who metal detect or collect relics a bad name. I think this is deplorable and will only hurt our hobby.
She told me she had been having problems like this and I was the first person to actually ask her permission. This is theft pure and simple, taking someone else's property.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread