The Day After....

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I had planned to hit the beach this morning, made the mistake of opening the refrigerator and setting my eyes on all those yummy leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner. Sure, I could have waited until after the hunt to dive into them, or I could have easily packed a lunch and taken it with me, but it all looked so darn good, and besides, I was hungry, even more so after making a serious study of all the tasty food options before me. Needless to say, I ate quite well this morning, a bit too well, in fact. After the morning's meal I just didn't feel like heading to the beach any longer, my tummy was full and my eyes were once again growing heavy, my warm bed and fluffy pillow calling out to me, a quick check of the time displayed 5am, it's now 8:43am and I just looked in the refrigerator again! :laughing7: Now I know why they call it, "Black Friday!"

Upvote 0

arrowheadted

Jun 2, 2012
Now we know why we only have Thanksgiving dinner once a year. It could seriously disrupt our live if we did this every week. It sounds like your addiction is pretty severe. I heard they have a 12 step program for this affliction, it only cost 12 gold ring and 6 silver reale.
P.S. Thanks for the honest beach report back in September, it was right on as far as conditions. I detected some 1715 sites while I was there but didn't find anything great. I did go home with a 14k with diamonds from a ft Lauderdale beach.

Attachments

• image-1208515194.jpg
    image-1208515194.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 74

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had planned on hunting today too but I've got to get to that turkey before someone else does! And besides, theres a Bruins-Rangers game at 1. I love the holidays.
Sat-Sun is supposed to be warmer anyway.........yeah, that's the answer.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop, I am guilty of over eating myself. Yesterday was the first time we didn't eat at home and everybody else had the same idea. The restaurant was packed and it was almost an hour in line before we got a table. I came home and went to bed. Today I had to do something I planned to do yesterday, but I'm getting all my batteries charged and hoping to be at the river at daybreak tomorrow.
arrowheadted, that's a beautiful ring, WTG.

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I waited til I got back, targets are startin to show... headin out tomorrow.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only weigh 137lbs so I don't feel at all guilty. Been attacking the stuff all day. Might have to do it all over again on Saturday & Sunday in front of a few good football games. By the end of the weekend it should all be gone and I'll be able to focus on hunting again. :laughing7:

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Theres only one roll and no more dark meat left. What? Oh wait I see some stuffing and one more piece of pumpkin pie. Mine all mine. Ha ha HA

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As of lunch today, all the leftovers are officially gone now. Now I can start focusing on hunting again. :laughing7:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've found that you can hide some goodies in the back of the fridge around my place. Should be able to eat into midweek. But I did get out and find 2 silvers today. Gotta expend those calories somehow/

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found that you can hide some goodies in the back of the fridge around my place. Should be able to eat into midweek. But I did get out and find 2 silvers today. Gotta expend those calories somehow/

Problem is, if I hide it, I know where it's hidden at. :laughing7: I found myself thinking of some of those hidden goodies while laying in bed in the middle of the night. If I hadn't hidden them I would have never known they existed in their designated hiding place, and thus I probably would have slept instead of sneaking off to the kitchen to eat those hidden goodies in the middle of the night. Typically, food is the last thing on my mind, but this year it was all so darn good, and there was a wide assortment of it. The other night my eyes popped wide open from a dead sleep thinking, 'Ritz crackers, old world swiss cheese, and smoke turkey." And of course, I knew exactly where it had all been strategically positioned in the refrigerator and kitchen cabinets. The other day I had turkey and dumplings and what was left of the dressing for breakfast. :laughing7: And to think......there's still Christmas cookies and Christmas dinner leftovers to be had.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Problem is, if I hide it, I know where it's hidden at. :laughing7: I found myself thinking of some of those hidden goodies while laying in bed in the middle of the night. If I hadn't hidden them I would have never known they existed in their designated hiding place, and thus I probably would have slept instead of sneaking off to the kitchen to eat those hidden goodies in the middle of the night. Typically, food is the last thing on my mind, but this year it was all so darn good, and there was a wide assortment of it. The other night my eyes popped wide open from a dead sleep thinking, 'Ritz crackers, old world swiss cheese, and smoke turkey." And of course, I knew exactly where it had all been strategically positioned in the refrigerator and kitchen cabinets. The other day I had turkey and dumplings and what was left of the dressing for breakfast. :laughing7: And to think......there's still Christmas cookies and Christmas dinner leftovers to be had.

Huh-oh. I think I just a glimpse of my future.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread