Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
11.jpg

From 2001 to 2011, the price of copper exploded more than 620%, topping out near $4.50. It’s impossible to overstate how big this rally was. But that’s ancient history now. Yesterday, the metal plunged to $2.59. And the breakdown we’re seeing now could easily send copper prices to $2 or lower over the next couple of years.

The Death of Copper - And the Rebirth of Silver - Daily Reckoning

Last edited:

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's no joke I can't tell you how many camps houses and industrial plants in my area get broken into every year for this very reason. You have to wonder how they can find the ambition to completely strip a home or buisness of all their copper but not get an actual job.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
That's no joke I can't tell you how many camps houses and industrial plants in my area get broken into every year for this very reason. You have to wonder how they can find the ambition to completely strip a home or buisness of all their copper but not get an actual job.

It's easier to be a thief than to get a real job in their minds. Lots of the people I see that consider themselves "scrappers" are druggies (meth usually) and they go around stealing any type of metal they can find that they can go sell for scrap.

Just my opinion.

Jim

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The crackers, meth. heads, drunks, gamblers and what ever other title one wishes to plant on the scrapper is up to them. There's one thing that I found out over the years was to implement the policy of you need a plate to sell metals. Meaning if a person walked, rode a bike, pushed a shopping cart well it wasn't permitted. This cut out a huge percentage of problems with the low level scrap thefts from around the area that I operated. It only took myself and one other larger operator to really make a difference on one level.

There's lots of scrappers that hold down great jobs, have goals in life, then there is the ones that work full-time at not working.

Copper is going for a ride and one better jump off the wagon and cash in or hold their metal or position for some time to come.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread