The Deep

RBlevens

Oct 22, 2012
Illinois
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Greetings,
My name is Rick and I live on the Illinois side of St Louis.
In 1977 I was a junior in High School and I watched The Deep- anyone remember Ms Bisset's shirt?
A year later I found myself in the Navy and in Orlando taking recreation diving lessons. I got to dive all over the world where the navy took me. I wanted to dive for treasure... from the moment I watched that movie.

Fast forward- I now have the kids out of the house and it is time to return to my original plan.

So, I have a ton of questions, big things- little things- I am trying to flatten the learning curve.

So, please know that any help you can give me would be appreciated.
I am still employed and I have to fit everything into short vacations.
No room for errors or rookie mistakes if I can avoid them :)

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, hello from Morocco

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the obsession. Yes, I remember that movie scene very well!
So what exactly are hunting? There are lots of ways and places to treasure hunt. Narrowing things down can help us help you.

OP
OP
RBlevens

RBlevens

Oct 22, 2012
Illinois
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi everybody. I will be hunting for shipwrecks. I hope to find some coins at least. I mainly am just looking for my first coin...
I need to lear as much as I can before next Summer so I can greet the most out of time.
I would love to hear from folks and any advice would be nice.
After Christmas I will be in the market for metal detector, hookah, scuba gear, Fassbinder sonar, and so on. I want to get the beat I can afford and likewise not pay for stuff that won't work!
Who are our week divers on here?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shipwrecks. You need to do some reading and posting in the "shipwrecks" subforum here. Thats were the guys who do that full time will be better able to help. You could probably start out crewing with one of them first. Gain a lot of knowledge and experience without spending 10's of 1000's on equipment.

oh, and you might want to take you email out of the signature line. You're opening yourself to a LOT of spam mail by having that there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread