The Deer Were Browsing, The Coyotes Were Howling, I Got Gold!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
goldsignet.jpg
Headed out late this afternoon to a watering hole about an hours drive. There was a slight chilly wind from the south (they got snow about 60 miles south yesterday) and lots of sunshine. The water was freezing, however, I double socked my feet for the chest waders, and didn't venture too far to stay warm. Just as the sun was beginning to set, the coyotes started their infamous howling, some deer came out to browse out in the open and watch me detect with curiosity. The place had obviously been hit hard judging from the few signals, but a PI always seems to get the deeper stuff. I got the usual junk, some coins and a nice 10K signet ring. My water detecting days are numbered at this time of day. I would like to get at least one more water hunt before freeze up. :)

Attachments

• golfd sig ring.jpg
    golfd sig ring.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 235

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You subject line is a grabber for sure. I am thinking of replacing my waders with insulated ones for the short time I have left in the water. I can't believe I was once dumb enough to dive under the ice to retrieve drowned snowmobiles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread