The "Deus" plunge

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I really hope I have not bitten off more than I can manage here. I am new to m'detecting by roughly 4 months. But I have taken my Garrett 350 out alot and recently to the beach where I found several coins. My issue on the beach was this.............errant readings more than likely due to the salty sand < was not even in real wet sand; the wired headphones and cord drove me nuts; inability to ground balance on my current unit.

That said above I have been watching the XP for some time and reading all the forums and peoples ups and downs with this unit. Seem to be more positive than negative. I like the idea of wireless for sure and all the features this unit has. So that being said I always see the Deus same price everywhere for the WS4 model. I did find a new display WS4 model from a dealer with latest software and full 5 year warranty for $1659 delivered.

I would assume this is a pretty good deal................I thought so and purchased it.

Okay..............good deal or no???

Now what to expect???

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
not sure about the deal, but I know you'll like the detector. You NEED to buy the XP Deus Handbook by Andy Sabich

ecoast

Sep 12, 2013
The Highlands of NW NJ
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, V3i, DeepTech Vista SMART, ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
meh... Don't know about that. I had the machine for a couple of months and then bought the book and to to be truthful I didn't really learn much more than I had already taught myself through time hunting with it.
Go look at metaldetectingworld.com

OP
OP
mtsheron

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
not sure about the deal, but I know you'll like the detector. You NEED to buy the XP Deus Handbook by Andy Sabich

I am looking to do that.

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really hope I have not bitten off more than I can manage here. I am new to m'detecting by roughly 4 months. But I have taken my Garrett 350 out alot and recently to the beach where I found several coins. My issue on the beach was this.............errant readings more than likely due to the salty sand < was not even in real wet sand; the wired headphones and cord drove me nuts; inability to ground balance on my current unit.

That said above I have been watching the XP for some time and reading all the forums and peoples ups and downs with this unit. Seem to be more positive than negative. I like the idea of wireless for sure and all the features this unit has. So that being said I always see the Deus same price everywhere for the WS4 model. I did find a new display WS4 model from a dealer with latest software and full 5 year warranty for $1659 delivered.

I would assume this is a pretty good deal................I thought so and purchased it.

Okay..............good deal or no???

Now what to expect???
I have been doing pricing research and with the WS4 I'd say that is the going rate for a new unit give or take a few bucks.

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Andys book is great, re read it and you will find more help.....Detecting world is great as well.....I would read both regularly.

Forget the price, you got it.....

Jim

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been doing pricing research and with the WS4 I'd say that is the going rate for a new unit give or take a few bucks.

Always call us for tnet specials we have going on! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions