The Dredgers are the problem?

calnatv

Mar 19, 2011
Really? Have you ever seen a dredger leave a mess in the river like this? The same people the fisherman supported to ban dredging will be coming after them next.
012213AmRiv8x.jpg

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heard a rumor the fishermen already had to fight back against a lead sinker ban. This true?

OP
OP
C

calnatv

Mar 19, 2011
Heard a rumor the fishermen already had to fight back against a lead sinker ban. This true?

Just like the dredge ban, it's a state by state issue. Several states are considering it and I think a couple have done it.

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Everything and everyone is a problem when it come to the extreme enviromentalist.

And all their goverment red tape and over regulation that has taken jobs and preventing any chance of economical recovery or personal prosperities.

Don't get me started on lost freedoms. Founding Forefathers turning over in graves. '76

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What you've got in that pic is a "snag hole bundle", meaning that stick pile built up,
and started snagging the lines of drift fishermen. Drifting a corky/yarn rig is a very
common steelhead fishing method, and from the looks of that snag it's been collecting
gear for quite some time. Not excusing the glob of busted off gear, however in truth there's
simply no way for a fisherman to recover that lost gear, especially when most of it is lost
in the winter steelhead fishery and the water is barely above freezing.

Also, such nasty snags are not all that common, and with the amount of gear
in that mess I have no doubt more than one person has tried to retrieve it
just for the gear.

It is a sad situation, no doubt, but there just aren't many options to avoid it
if people are going to fish there. Great job ripping it out, and my guess is there
are sure to be many fishermen silently thanking the guy who took that gear-killin'
mess out!

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is an EASY solution...As part of being a "fisherman", it should be your duty to go back in the spring or summer and clean out those fishing areas...

HH,

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is an EASY solution...As part of being a "fisherman", it should be your duty to go back in the spring or summer and clean out those fishing areas...

HH,

Would you jump in and get wet...to get a snagged line?...lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread