The Drought is Over

Poor Mans Gold

Feb 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The last time I had found any "big" silver was 9-1. Since, it has been four lone war nickels. This weekend I picked up my usual three boxes of halves. I also picked up some CWR's of cents, nickels and dimes. This was at the first four banks I stopped. At my last pick up bank, the tellers asked if I wanted any CWR's. In addition to the cents and dimes, the tellers held up some rolled halves they wanted to get rid of. $90 total. Seeing the rolls were "old", I didn't hesitate to "take them off their hands". Going out to my vehicle, I paused long enough to open an end of one of the "old" rolls. SILVER looked back at me. I was thinking, it's over. As soon as I got home I opened the CWR's. I found the following:
(1) Franklin (1957)
(19) 1964 Kennedy's
(27) 40% Kennedy's
Not a bad start to the weekend. Later that night I was able to get to the dimes and pulled two Roosies and one Mercury out of $230. Not too shabby so far.
Got to the three boxes today.
Box 1 - (1) 1964 Kennedy
Box 2 - (8) 1964 Kennedy's
(3) 40% Kennedy's
(1) 1986S Proof
Box 3 - (1) 1964 Kennedy
(8) 40% Kennedys
Total of 16.33 ounces for the weekend.

Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last time I had found any "big" silver was 9-1. Since, it has been four lone war nickels. This weekend I picked up my usual three boxes of halves. I also picked up some CWR's of cents, nickels and dimes. This was at the first four banks I stopped. At my last pick up bank, the tellers asked if I wanted any CWR's. In addition to the cents and dimes, the tellers held up some rolled halves they wanted to get rid of. $90 total. Seeing the rolls were "old", I didn't hesitate to "take them off their hands". Going out to my vehicle, I paused long enough to open an end of one of the "old" rolls. SILVER looked back at me. I was thinking, it's over. As soon as I got home I opened the CWR's. I found the following:
(1) Franklin (1957)
(19) 1964 Kennedy's
(27) 40% Kennedy's
Not a bad start to the weekend. Later that night I was able to get to the dimes and pulled two Roosies and one Mercury out of $230. Not too shabby so far.
Got to the three boxes today.
Box 1 - (1) 1964 Kennedy
Box 2 - (8) 1964 Kennedy's
(3) 40% Kennedy's
(1) 1986S Proof
Box 3 - (1) 1964 Kennedy
(8) 40% Kennedys
Total of 16.33 ounces for the weekend.

WOW!! Awesome Score... :hello2: You gotta love those "old" withered rolls.... HH

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little $500 score. Congrats! You were definitely due.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice little score? I would have fainted if I found that much silver. the biggest score I had was the $11.40 that someone couldn't get to go through the coinstar machine. paid him face value and ran for the purse to purchuse them out of my till.

congrats.

Hugs and smiles
-garoulady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread