The Dutchman,Walz,and clues to a fortune,old storey tidbits

OP
OP
G

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
:)

To olddog , thanks for the email olddog,I enjoy the research,and collection of documents,as much or more than the field trips.
To DJUI5,please dont send me anymore emails, just post what you want to say to the thread,so everyone can read it. If I wont post the map,why would I send a copy to your friend? Sorry to hear you were followed,and shot at,being cautious is a key word in dealing with people and imformation

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think you misunderstood me. I said, please don't post the map. You sounded earlier like you were going to, and I was requesting that you don't post something like that map online, it could cause some issues, like I said.
Then I said if you do want to share the map with someone I know someone you could share it with.

I haven't e-mailed you anymore, you answered my question a couple posts ago.

I never said I was shot at, not sure where you got that from.

BILL96

Mar 29, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
LST
I really never cared about the map,of the 50 some odd lost dutchman maps I have seen I didn't much care about another one but with all the stories that you are relating I was curious about sources, books?authors? articles? just some semi-factual source.
Bill

OP
OP
G

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
Charly Morgon,found the Spanish wheelock,in the hidden canyon,in the 20"s,David Hawkins,stumbled upon the hidden silver antelope,a mountain of native silver and lead,that you could take a axe and chop it out ,in 1890,and again in 1940,Hawkins uncle found this treasure.A man named Wagoner,worked a rose quartz ledge outcropping on a southern slope, that was a pinkish glassey rock studded with bright gloden nuggets,in 1890.
Gotto go,will post more storys when I can.

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Normally I don't read this forum as I am a Gold Prospector. Having seen the topic I couldn't resist as I have read some of the yarns over the years and makes me wonder why folks don't use some modern technology to get them closer to their goals. If I were to look for that mine the first tool I would pull out would be my Scintillator Gamma meter. That thing can easily spot a lode deposit from a mile plus away and had led me to many of the old prospects as well as developed old mines here in North LA County. Yeah Satellite image photos would be helpful but takes more patience in learning the process than I'm willing to endure right now. Another long range trick is to get the correct Wratten Gel Filter for infrared photos and looking for the 'whitened vegetation' from the minerals in the soil. This has been used for many decades,mostly from planes. Scouring any and all geological reports from the AZ Geological sites is a given (actually THAT would be my 1st starting place)plus preferably meeting with the state geologist staff regarding the mineral resources of the Supers (USGS and BLM too).

Ok, having done all the above will help you when it comes down to on the ground prospecting which if it were me I use my White's GMT since it reads the amount of iron in the soil to read each wash that flows down. Get a good reading I would pan it. Another trick is look for anthills and take the soil off the top and pan it as well as looking at the contents with a decent magnifying glass. You can see how far the gold has traveled by the smoothness or coarseness.
So that's all I can think of based on my years of prospecting for what works. I just can't stand having to be at someones mercy to find information that is hopefully accurate not misleading (good luck verifying that).

Good hunting!

Randy-Desert rat prospector in good standing.

Craigwac

Jan 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another long range trick is to get the correct Wratten Gel Filter for infrared photos and looking for the 'whitened vegetation' from the minerals in the soil. This has been used for many decades,mostly from planes.

Any leafy vegetation (parts of plants with chlorophyll) shows up as white in infrared photographs. Not just in mineralized areas. Well, with B&W images anyway. With color infrared film, they show up magenta.

The more chlorophyll, the brighter they show up (the more IR they reflect), and so IR photography has been used to determine the health of farmers' crops. I guess the same method could be used to help find mineralization, if mineralization helps plants grow and make chlorophyll. But it seems like the presence of water would create too many false positives in the Superstitions. I guess you could use IR arial photos but then rule out the places where water collects, then look at the remaining spots that have better vegetation.

But the LDM is supposed to NOT be where a miner would expect it. I've heard it theorized that it's not in a heavily mineralized area, but is instead some kind of volcanic intrusion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread