Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit two Baltimore City parks today, one for 5 h and the other for 1.5 h; was actually more productive at the second site for early coins, but as you'll see there was one excellent old coin out of the first site.

Site #1 - hadn't been to this park since spring of this year, so I went to most of the places where I had success before. Lots of wheats and clad, one religious medal. Early into this hunt I dug a deep target and the first piece I fished out of the hole is what appears to be a leather button; this is pictured with the anchor button. The real target turned out to be an extremely well-preserved 1858 Flying Eagle cent; this is my first from this park and third overall, but it is in the best shape. So no IHCs but the eagle trumps the indians. Off to site #2.

Site #2 - I pretty much just stuck with searching the side of the walkway, an area that I'd been over numerous times before. I managed to dig three IHCs, all pretty rough (1881, 1883 and 1904). Last target dug was a V-nickel; it looked a lot better just out of the ground; last digit in the date is a "7".

All totaled, there were 12 wheats that ranged from 1918 to 1951. There were numerous holes or surface spills with two coins. Clad came to $2.95.
Finds.jpg

Upvote 35

Tradertom

Jul 20, 2016
South Central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP DEUS, AT PRO plus several older detector going back 45 years.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tools to me like that park may Pesh up new stuff continuesly. Congratulations on success again in the park that keeps on giving.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Joe! The more I look at it I ask, did they make this one out of bronze? Anyway....I won't argue with success. :unhappysmiley:

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Dave! Looks like Clint's in a bad way. How'd get out of that fix? Did a flyin' eagle swoop in and take out the bad guy?

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Lisa and John! We have a Club hunt at Site #2 this Saturday AM. I'm shooting to get there early and look for another keeper before the hunt starts.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you, pepperdawg! Thx to to all those Baltimoreans who've given me targets to find. Site #2 is very interesting because where I'm searching almost never gives up any clad. It's all old targets and deep iron....ok, there are lots of pull tabs and bottle caps.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Carolina Tom! Waitin' on a silver, but I'll take the indians and an eagle gettin' there! Last silver I got from Site #2 was a merc, but my huntin' buddy, John, got a Barber here Saturday.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Trezurehunter! Certainly a rare coin to find. Since the series was just three years there are many in the ground... "rare as hen's teeth" as our Club treasurer put it.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Art! It fell in some gentle soil. This site (Site #1) has a history as a fort in the War of 1812 and may have been used by Federal troops during the Baltimore railroad strike of 1877.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for your comment, nsdq! keep diggin' those flea markets!

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're right port ewen ace! This bird came up relatively clean, not "toasted"!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Flying Eagle Cent! :icon_thumright: It came out better than the IH Cents - what a twist.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! WTG McD.....one bucket lister I'm waiting on...patiently. What a beautiful specimen..traveled through that area on business last year, and literally SLOBBERED my way through Baltimore McDig. I stopped in Chesapeake Bay and toured one of the lock houses...what awesome, rich history that area holds. Keep pounding those pounded spots...thx for sharing..ddf

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Nick! Each time I pass over this area I get a little more deep iron and more tabs and caps out. In time, I'm bound to hear other signals that are good.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx ddf! If you know you're headed through Baltimore again. Message me and perhaps we can hit a park or two and you can detect under my license as a guest.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx ddf! If you know you're headed through Baltimore again. Message me and perhaps we can hit a park or two and you can detect under my license as a guest.

SWEET ! I didn't see Baltimore in my near future...but the gears are turning...just may have to use some of that comp time! THX again, I would surely jump at the chance...if u ever get near here, we could pillage some of these old farms near me that have NEVER seen coil...ddf

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Field trip would be awesome.

Yes it would! I may have been a little...optimistic when I said these farms have never been hunted...but the 4 I have hunted showed NO signs of previous coil...shallow clad to deep silver and lotsa relics...would thoroughly enjoy it! Ddf

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on more sweet finds McCDig. The FE rinsed off real good. That one remains on my bucket list. How many Indian Heads cents have you dug this year?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread