The English Have Nothing on Me. Hammered Coin Today!!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am a member on a help others site called Lost My Stuff. I got a report of a Tiffany platinum ring lost in 20 - 60 foot of water. It is in a private campground/resort. I thought why not try. Talked to him yesterday and the plan was to meet at 9am with another diver. The resort requires two. Well I got there at 9 and no other diver. I decided to play in the shallow water in the swim area until he came. Boy did I clean up the clad. I thought the hammered coin was a silver quarter. However, I scraped the edge of it and I can see copper so it is a hammered clad quarter! Find one of those Crusader!!

No old coins just clad after clad. 46 quarters, (47 with the hammered) 16 dimes, 26 nickels, and 31 pennies. A titanium ring and a silver ring. Best find was the Uncle Henry pocket knife.

Well the other diver was a no show. The person that runs the place said she wasn't giving me permission to dive by myself. However she was leaving at 5:00 and nobody would be there to stop me! So after she left the guy that lost the ring put my float out where he thought it was lost. I go out expecting the worst. It was only 17 - 20 foot deep and all muck. Got some old pull tab cans, and a couple of ice fishing ice skimmers, and I found a ice spud. I didn't come across his ring though. Going to try it again this week. Hopefully I can find another diver so I can be out there a lot longer. I told him I would try once more.

Upvote 14
OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Scuba, what a great haul! And real nice of you to volunteer like that. -Lisa & John

Actually it is another way to find lakes and places to play! I don't ask for money, I just ask to play after I find the target. This one is looking for a needle in a haystack though and not likely to find it. However, I am willing to drive three hours to try once more. A lot of history in this little lake. Henry Ford and Albert Einstein had a cottages on it.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice attempt Bob, maybe I'll bring my 25 ft collapsible snorkel and join ya !

I went out to Pontiac lake today, 70 mile drive for .52 but hey, I tried.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread