🥇 BANNER The Find of a Lifetime!

gigmaster

Mar 16, 2007
Chesapeake, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox (coming!), Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics G2, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been hitting this area and have found lots of old coins. Yesterday i found a 178? Spanish reale, 1820 large cent, 1941 quarter, Indian head penny and one of the rarest coins i will ever find! A 1787 New York cent! It is eat up pretty bad but you can make out what it is. One article says only 12 know to exist! (13 now) Also found a few civil war bullets, old lock and more! Here are a couple pics of my finds! Awesome day!

IMG_8552.JPG FullSizeRender 10.jpg FullSizeRender 11.jpg FullSizeRender 12.jpg FullSizeRender 7.jpg Screen Shot 2016-09-09 at 11.49.17 PM.png

Upvote 98

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, rarer coins have been posted, but I will stand by "one of the rarest", along with any others with such low surviving populations. Certainly not to detract from uber rare, and unique finds!

OP
OP
G

gigmaster

Mar 16, 2007
Chesapeake, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox (coming!), Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics G2, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2
Primary Interest:
Other
What is that grenade fuse looking thing above the fork?

i think the thing on the right is a pressure gauge part and dont know what the item on the left is?

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing! Somehow I missed this post until I saw it up top. I'm a little late to the party, but huge a congratulations on a rare coin and excellent banner. Going to read the history link Scrappy posted now.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on truly your find if a lifetime!

Manknee

May 22, 2012
Nj
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 8.5X11 DD COIL, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely amazing find for you! Congratulations!! Hat Tip!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first thing to do would be to get it authenticated, copies of this coin have been made for over 100 years. If genuine, this would be one of the rarest coins ever posted on Treasurenet!

Hopefully some of what's going on, on the indian side is die cracks and can be matched to a genuine coin that way. Pretty amazing find if confirmed.. and still every bit as amazing even if it's not, providing it was dug with all early finds.

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's awesome. Congrats. Oh and the super rare token is ok too! [emoji12]

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, rarer coins have been posted, but I will stand by "one of the rarest", along with any others with such low surviving populations. Certainly not to detract from uber rare, and unique finds!

I'll add a bit... One of the rarest, but also one with some of the highest demand... which is what really counts. A rare coin can be worth a little, or it can be worth a lot, depending on what it is. (All about the demand)

Last edited:

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that we voted you up top. What are the plans for this coin? Professional cleaning. Are you going to try and have it authenticated.
Auctioned off?

I know I would have all 3 done. Including auctioning it off. I keep a lot of my finds but something that may have this large a price tag would be sold

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll add a bit... One of the rarest, but also one with some of the highest demand... which is what really counts. A rare coin can be worth a little, or it can be worth a lot, depending on what it is. (All about the demand)

I get what your saying. But it only really counts if your wanting a high $$$ price, if like me you're not interesting in selling & its more about the History & true rarity then it doesn't count at all that the demand is high. All a matter of perspective.

Last edited:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get what your saying. But it only really counts if your wanting a high $$$ price, if like me you're not interesting in selling & its more about the History & true rarity then it doesn't count at all that the demand is high. All a matter of perspective.

Yes, but in this case the demand is based on the history, unlike something like a 1916D Merc dime.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is just amazing! Great coin awesome find congrats on the banner find! HH

OP
OP
G

gigmaster

Mar 16, 2007
Chesapeake, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hopefully some of what's going on, on the indian side is die cracks and can be matched to a genuine coin that way. Pretty amazing find if confirmed.. and still every bit as amazing even if it's not, providing it was dug with all early finds.

Dug a 1751 spanish reale at the same place today!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread