The Fuzz cant keep me down

Pdr206

Apr 1, 2014
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks to everyone who contributed to my police thread. Appreciated all around.

Hit up a newer park that adjoins a preserve. Drove around for a while and figured id find the old growth trees. Sure enough, found bricks, pottery/stoneware and coal scattered ALL over the place. Only thing found (besides huge iron) was this buckle.

I did a light soap and water rinse and the darker stuff came off. Immediately stopped. Should i leave this or remove it?! Do not want to ruin the buckle.

Any ID on age etc appreciated.

Attachments

• image-1129186911.png
    image-1129186911.png
    464.9 KB · Views: 97
  • image-2965670704.png
    image-2965670704.png
    487.3 KB · Views: 86
  • image-1913695799.png
    image-1913695799.png
    371.6 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 8

blugotti1

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2009
GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice old buckle!!

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Xlt/Dfx/BHID , Excaliber, nowCtx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like the cops made you find a better spot! From the stoneware and coal seems like there may be some old stuff to be had there,

OP
OP
Pdr206

Pdr206

Apr 1, 2014
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yup! Its strange, completely overlooked this site on my maps somehow. Will be checking out tomorrow after work... Shame its iron filled and all i have is a BH tracker4. Just constant beeps even with a good setup. No clue if the items are big iron/cans or coins underneath.

frostdigger

Jan 1, 2013
Col. Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350, Garrett AT pro, Garrett AT gold, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bounce back, that's a sweet buckle. Sounds like a good spot, I have been having good luck picking my way through trashy areas, good luck to ya.

OP
OP
Pdr206

Pdr206

Apr 1, 2014
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Any tips on picking thru trashy areas with a tracker iv? Dig everything? Lol.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pick what you think is the very best spot, grid out a 5' x 5' area and like you said dig everything. Once you get the trash off the top you could find some treasures waiting underneath.

OP
OP
Pdr206

Pdr206

Apr 1, 2014
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good idea.

Problem i was having out there today was faint, scratchy tones. Couldnt differentiate what it was and just kept walking around astounded at the stoneware/coal all over the ground. Ive looked it up and found the house/shed location. Ill post some pics in a minute.

OP
OP
Pdr206

Pdr206

Apr 1, 2014
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Then and now. My maps skip from 1921 (nothing on the topo map) to 1942 (showing teo structures.)

Attachments

• image-727768677.png
    image-727768677.png
    488.9 KB · Views: 73
  • image-369731771.png
    image-369731771.png
    565.5 KB · Views: 66

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes coal itself will sound off! My advice would be cherry pic at first, than dig all repeatable signals! After you clean the site I garantee you'll never rely totaly on your machines visual id again

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's squarely 18th C....

OP
OP
Pdr206

Pdr206

Apr 1, 2014
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Visual id on tracker iv is a joke lol. Needle that slam dances no matter the target. Only strong signals were aluminum siding pieces (pulled 20 of varying sizes from my 5x5) a brass ring of some kind and an iron ring. Other than that i was just getting really squirrelly signals, or id dig only to find some huge piece of iron sheeting. That buckle from yesterday is so enticing though...

Would upgrading to a better unit with better iron disc be a good idea for a site like this? There has to be more than just remnants of a quick building bulldoze...

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brand or features of a machine won't make a site less trashy ! In fact single or double filter machines (cheaper/low end to bottom mid price) are able to respond faster in really trashy areas, because they only interpret return signal 1 way .its totaly worth buying a better machine but not for the reason you asked! What brand and what price range, did you have in mind ?

OP
OP
Pdr206

Pdr206

Apr 1, 2014
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Understood. Should i rule out cherry picking at the site? After my 5x5 i scoured the area. Not one single nickel or other coin to be had other than two 79 lincolns on the surface. Just a lot of crazy tones. Ill post a video tomorrow of it.

Was thinking either a garret 250 but if i wait a bit can get an at pro....

OP
OP
Pdr206

Pdr206

Apr 1, 2014
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And as far as upgrading i meant would it help to differentiate/separate the junk from retrievable items? All i have now is a ding and a dong and a ton of unintelligible tones in between.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to everyone who contributed to my police thread. Appreciated all around.

Hit up a newer park that adjoins a preserve. Drove around for a while and figured id find the old growth trees. Sure enough, found bricks, pottery/stoneware and coal scattered ALL over the place. Only thing found (besides huge iron) was this buckle.

I did a light soap and water rinse and the darker stuff came off. Immediately stopped. Should i leave this or remove it?! Do not want to ruin the buckle.

Any ID on age etc appreciated.

Afraid that relics aren't my strong suit, (that is if I have one. ;) )

Right nice buckle though and I'm glad you just kept on going.

But, don't berate the police for the bizzy body's grief. It's not their fault.
(I know, I know, it was the furthermost intention. But, with a word like "fuzz" and in the subject line forever, doesn't look real good. Not a "language police" either. :) Just sayin' :) )

OP
OP
Pdr206

Pdr206

Apr 1, 2014
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No disrespect meant. The officers were actually really cool with me.

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice old buckle, I no what ya mean about the fuzz, one time I was detecting my old park and a women called the police on me I thought it was funny the police were just watching me for about an hour or so, after that I packed up my michine and drove off I didn't even get around the Conner, and I was pulled over, now get this they asked me what I was doing after watching me for over an hour I told them I'm doing the same thing I have been doing for 20
Years in this very park..anyway they checked out my car and my equipment and said your free to go ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread