87.9 KB · Views: 298

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Re: "The Good Old Days" a painting of the past

A beautiful pic,VanGone.You have a talent to be very proud of.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice painting van, I can remember as a boy
when they still used those old 'hay rakes'.

Fossis.............

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

Hey Van...great painting! Made me remember the few times I sat on the seat of one of those to rake the hay. Thanks! ;D

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho

Beautiful Ed,

Love your style, the detail in this one really shows your skill.

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

warsawdaddy said:
A beautiful pic,VanGone.You have a talent to be very proud of.
Thank you Warsaw for your kind words. The man that bought the original of this painting also bought the original of the painting titled "Babe". He passed away awhile back and I gave some money towards his memorial. I got a touching Thank you note from his wife telling me how he enjoyed the paintings and how he told everyone who viewed them that he was proud that he grew up knowing the artist.Talk about proud,that made me feel pretty humble.
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

Fossis and Wes
Thank you for you nice remarks. Those old rakes are pretty common items in the back of the old farms. I think they are a pretty cool item
Van

Ron
Always enjoy your remarks also.That guys son runs a lumber business on that farm. he cuts and sell all kinds of hardwoods, He has a really cool operation there. This is a different guy then the one that makes and sells furniture out of Cedar.You would appreciate both places
Ed

bean man

Sep 2, 2006
Central Iowa

What a beautiful farm! Your friend is a very lucky man. You really capture how neat Iowa really is. Thanks Van.

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

bean man said:
What a beautiful farm! Your friend is a very lucky man. You really capture how neat Iowa really is. Thanks Van.
Thank you BM,your right about the beauty here in Iowa.We are fortunate for sure.When you come in to that guys place he has a pond where he raises Catfish. Its fun to feed them the water just explodes,pretty cool,and he is a lucky guy.Great place to hunt spring mushroom's also.
Van

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

It is beautiful in Iowa, it gets a little rough around the end of August. We have a cornfield at our back door and the humidity gets crazy! We are lucky to have large bucks in our area, riverbanks to hunt mushrooms on and ride 4-wheelers along, and creeks to look for arrowheads in. Love your painting, I hate to think what the country will be like in 30 years. When my kids are grown the will probably only see scenes like yours in paintings. :(

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

Sara77 said:
It is beautiful in Iowa, it gets a little rough around the end of August. We have a cornfield at our back door and the humidity gets crazy! We are lucky to have large bucks in our area, riverbanks to hunt mushrooms on and ride 4-wheelers along, and creeks to look for arrowheads in. Love your painting, I hate to think what the country will be like in 30 years. When my kids are grown the will probably only see scenes like yours in paintings. :(
There are a lot of people that think Iowa is some sort of hick state,little do they know what is really here. I sure do hope it remains intact for your children to enjoy as you have Sara 77 Thanks for your comments on the painting
Van

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania

Awesome Painting, You definately have great talent. A neighbor of mine paints on Slate and sometimes on saw blades. I'd set and chat with her for hours and watch her paint before they moved away.

I envy the talent :)

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

CarolinaDigs said:
Van once again great !!
Thank you Carolina. It is great seeing your work also. Id love to see more !!
Van

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Another beautiful farm painting. Thanks for sharing with us Van.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread