the good, the bad, and the ugly...

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey folks... here's the story of what happened today..

the bad: i went to a "new" bank which i have an account with to deposit a check and ask about ordering half dollars. The woman did not know about ordering, but was very friendly to try and get help... as soon as I opened my mouth asking to order boxes, I hear a male teller 4 cells down abruptly say, "NO", rudely. I was quite angry to say the least, I was going to ask why, but decided it is not worth causing issues, and left the branch.
What I don't get is, the same bank, different branch, 5 miles down the road, orders for me...

the ugly... i picked up 2 boxes of pennies today which turned out to be my WORST batch ever producing 2 wheat cents... box 1 was about 80% solid 2012 pennies, and the remaining 20%(10 rolls) gave up the 2 wheaties... and it gets uglier. The second box i saved for last because it looked like a well circulated mix. nope, just somebody's dumps, not a single wheat in the entire box, just 1 canadian cent and a denver US mint token(penny size)... in other words, a skunk. I never had a penny box skunk besides solid new boxes, but this one was all but that, very few new pennies in the mix.

also very ugly, one of the banks i use switched from brinks to garda, and garda stinks in my area... no more hot brinks half dollar boxes ...

the good... i have 4 boxes of halves coming in next week instead of 2, but they will all be garda(black and white skunk rolls)... I also got a full sweep of the coin machine magnet with 30+ coins on it, including $4.50 CAD!

Hope you all have had a better week then I have had...
hh
buff

p.s. i only have a mercury dime and a war nickel to show this week and a small pile of wheats, a bad week in my books.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep, it's out of order, but it's in that order to tell the story better.

ihittheskislopes

Jun 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats a full sweap of the magnet? I dont even know what that is, how do you find the magnet?

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's inside the machine, it is best to have permission to take them though... some banks won't let me do it, one bank got really mad at me for taking off the magnet...

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
The week of Friday the 13th was not good to me either, 1 silver 40% outta 4 boxes, Hope your 4 boxes give up something next week! I got 4 coming too, hoping to post that "Dream Box" Ha Ha, maybe one of us will. HH, Buff.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
believe me, any box with 5 keepers or more is a dream box for me... but i've had some good boxes in the past, you never know. my true dream box popped up in the middle of a skunk streak, anything could happen.
hh
buff
The week of Friday the 13th was not good to me either, 1 silver 40% outta 4 boxes, Hope your 4 boxes give up something next week! I got 4 coming too, hoping to post that "Dream Box" Ha Ha, maybe one of us will. HH, Buff.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
believe me, any box with 5 keepers or more is a dream box for me...
hh
buff

Lmao, yes, I'd definetly agree with that! Me too! I think the " Dream Box" number should be dropped down some now from a hundred. Maverick

ihittheskislopes

Jun 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's inside the machine, it is best to have permission to take them though... some banks won't let me do it, one bank got really mad at me for taking off the magnet...

Oh ok yea I dont think I need to draw anymore attention to myself its bad enough that they have have to change bags everytime I walk in I dont want to be "that guy" anymore than I already am.

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I can usually get the tellers to open the machine to check for "rejects" even if I don't fill up a bag. Only once have I had a tell try and tell me that the coins that didn't make it all the way to the reject slot, because the tube is horizontal and not slanted down?, had to be taken for the bank and I called her out on that and got to keep them. She doesn't work at the bank anymore :)

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I also got a full sweep of the coin machine magnet with 30+ coins on it, including $4.50 CAD!

I got almost the same exact thing on the 13th, similar amount of Canadian. It was strange how there was only 1 cent on there, usually there are more cents than anything. It probably has to do with the withdrawal of cents by the RCM.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there were actually 5-6 canadian pennies on the magnet, but there was a $2(toonie) on the magnet and a bunch of quarters including 2007 winter olympics quarter, those are cool :)
I got almost the same exact thing on the 13th, similar amount of Canadian. It was strange how there was only 1 cent on there, usually there are more cents than anything. It probably has to do with the withdrawal of cents by the RCM.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread