The government are excavating my families land in Norway

Z

zilch

Its been a while since I visited this board now.

straight to the point:

my uncle owns what used to be a huge farm that has stayed in the family for many generations. Being a farmer is Norway is not as lucrative as it used to be, and the city which is more than 1000 years old is still growing. My uncle decided to sell alot of land so that people here could build houses. That land is right next to my parents house, but the government has put the sale on hold untill further notice. They belive that the land might have been inhabited by ancient people and are going to excavate it. My guess would be viking age or earlier. Today they came with some mechanical diggers and scratched off some of the surface. The land is not too big but there are some oddly shaped peaks where they think people might have been buried, the vikings used to bury their leaders and kings that way.

To me that makes no sense, because the kings farm was located 16 kilometers away from here (a couple of hours travel in those days), and I dont think they had any business out here at that time. My guess is that it is just some big rocks under there.

anway, I got my metal detector (Garrett Ace 250) in January, and it has been a long winter. The snow melted in April, so I havent got a chance to use it yet. Do you think this site is worth to check out? Even tough the land belongs to the family, I would have to do it during the night. Dont think the government people would be too happy if I came by swinging my detector while they where working.

I can take some pictures of it tomorrow when the sun is up if you like.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
night hawk it if you deem it necessary ,see what pops up ,besides, if your family owns it who cares what the goverment thinks ....pics would be way cool!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread