jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This article proves how paper silver (i.e. silver futures market) has been able to cap the silver price despite exceptional strength in the physical silver market. The first quarter of 2013 revealed this great disconnect based on publicly available data. Besides, silver expert Ted Butler calculates an historic concentration of short positions by JP Morgan allowing the bank to control the silver price.
Silver started the first quarter at $30.45 per ounce (Jan 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] 2013) and closed more than $2 lower at $28.30 per ounce (March 29[SUP]th[/SUP]). During the same time period, investment demand for physical silver was historically strong and all data pointed to accumulation by investors. This evolution asks for an explanation; the answer lies in the paper silver market.

The Great Disconnect Between Paper & Physical Silver | Gold Silver Worlds

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's Called Manipulation, Buy the Physical not the Paper. "Paper Rots Coins Do Not"

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This article proves how paper silver (i.e. silver futures market) has been able to cap the silver price despite exceptional strength in the physical silver market. The first quarter of 2013 revealed this great disconnect based on publicly available data. Besides, silver expert Ted Butler calculates an historic concentration of short positions by JP Morgan allowing the bank to control the silver price.
Silver started the first quarter at $30.45 per ounce (Jan 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] 2013) and closed more than $2 lower at $28.30 per ounce (March 29[SUP]th[/SUP]). During the same time period, investment demand for physical silver was historically strong and all data pointed to accumulation by investors. This evolution asks for an explanation; the answer lies in the paper silver market.

The Great Disconnect Between Paper & Physical Silver | Gold Silver Worlds

Proves? Hmmmm.... sounds like more speculation to me. When longs outnumber shorts the typical word on the street is that the banks must know something big is coming. Shorts outnumber longs and the silver bulls scream manipulation. Go figure. Perhaps the shorts actually indicate that they are more confident that prices are expected to go down. But hey, what do I know?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread