The Great Treasure hunt

Go!d&$ilver

Greenie
Jun 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I had something interesting pop up on my facebook. It seems somebody has gone all Forrest Fenn on us and hidden five boxes of treasure for us to find. The website says there are two of the boxes have $10,000, another two have $40,000, and the last has $100,000. They are even clue poems for each, but they've put an interesting spin on it becasue they don't give any indication as to which poem goes with which treasure. So you wont know which treasure you've got until you open the box.

Has anyone else heard of this?

I didn't see a rule against posting links to non-business websites so here is the website:

The Great Treasure Hunt

If that link is not allowed I won't complain if you remove it.

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
Was reading the poems today.... nice and close to me just like Fenns. Looks like this sort of thing is catching on. I wonder who and why? Doesn't appear to be anything so far that would have a fishy smell.

barnhse

Oct 7, 2014
NE Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I emailed the email address on their web site. I suggested that they have a forum where searchers can shared their thoughts and seekers could share their stories and adventures. Suprisingly they responded saying that was a good idea.

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like it might be a fun little adventure.

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Started with Garrett AT/Gold, 2 x Scuba Tectors for shallow water while swimming along the beaches, now have Equinox 800 and starting to find decent items!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Times like this I wish I lived in America, could the "Elbow" for instance refer to "Devil's Elbow, Missouri" perhaps...

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Times like this I wish I lived in America, could the "Elbow" for instance refer to "Devil's Elbow, Missouri" perhaps...

Truffles, you live in Old Europe. You have chances of finding hundreds, maybe thousands of caches dating back thousands of years! And not just coins. You could find beautiful jewelry that was made for royalty, artifacts that are worth their weight in gold, even if they aren't gold. And if there are any lakes, rivers or large bodies of water near you then it is a sure bet that something of great value is stuck down in the sand.

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Started with Garrett AT/Gold, 2 x Scuba Tectors for shallow water while swimming along the beaches, now have Equinox 800 and starting to find decent items!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MiddenMonster I am itching to get out there with the Detector, one of our team is keen to go out with me and knows the surrounding countryside quite well, just to find the time in between work at the moment but can't wait!

bigtimedeal

Feb 3, 2011
FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for posting! I don't see anything on the website to indicate any of the treasures have been found as of this post. I am a big fan of Forrest Fenn's treasure. Even though this one is smaller, it's still exciting and intriguing.

Peteybob35

Greenie
May 16, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
The poems sound a lot like areas in Utah, someone solve them so I can go pick up the loot, please.

Stu

E-mailed and got no response, wonder if this is dead...

Last edited:

high&dry

Mar 8, 2014
SWFL
Detector(s) used
X-terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds like a lot of fun, and in my neck of the woods to boot! The poems however seem even more vague than Forrest Fenn's do. (maybe I'm just not a riddle solver)

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are vague, but interesting.

Peteybob35

Greenie
May 16, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
I looked up the website and its based in Provo, Utah. There hasn't been any activity on their Facebook page since just after they started it and they still haven't answered any inquiries to see if the hunt is still on. Would be nice to know if it was still active.

Joseph08

Nov 19, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it a bit confusing but it's still interesting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread