txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to Bocha Chica with a couple of friends today. (where I got the last musket ball.) GTI 2500 was not being good. I was digging 2ft holes that had nothing in them. I tried it with the salt elim on with it off, changing the sens, everything no nada! I was digging things that weren't and not picking up on targets that were >:(.Tried the Ace but as everyone said it does not like wet sand. So Ed being the sweetheart of the guy he is loans me his other Minelab Sov. and the hunt was on. I had an awesome day! I also had some lady stop and tell me we were wasting our time there because she lives up the road and there are all kinds of civil war relics there laying on the ground. She gave me her number and told me to call the next time we were going to be in the area. Yeah!!! She also gave me a couple of new fishing weights she had in her car...not really sure why but hey she might be a little kooky(or lonely) but thats alright.

Attachments

• boca chica2.jpg
    boca chica2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 510
Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hope you can get the 2500 figured out before you travel back to kookie ladies place. Nice assortment of lead, sweet! Congrats!

Smiles!
BDoo

R

RUDY2003

Hey txgirl thats some nice lead you got there. Hope you find a belt plate there sometime....
Keep safe...

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks, I don't have a problem anywhere else with it including the beach. Just in this kind of mudflats area, maybe I can try ground balancing next time, but I need to read up on how to do that. Either that or there really was targets there but too deep, If I had kept digging I would of hit water soon. But Ed's detector was showing that there was nothing in those 2 spots. So who knows....YEAH and I really really want a belt plate and some buttons. Then I can make a nice display.

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
congrats on your finds ! and the new place to hunt, hope you find some great stuff ! goodluck ;)

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Nice finds. I like the patina on the bullets.
Dman

checkmate

Jun 6, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace 100
txkickergirl said:
thanks, I don't have a problem anywhere else with it including the beach. Just in this kind of mudflats area, maybe I can try ground balancing next time,

It does sound like ground balancing. I was thinking about buying the gti 1500, I am torn between the Tesoro Tejon. I don't know if I would like the Lcd display. I was wondering ? Does the gti 2500 seem to proform a lot better then the ace 250 ?

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
checkmate said:
txkickergirl said:
thanks, I don't have a problem anywhere else with it including the beach. Just in this kind of mudflats area, maybe I can try ground balancing next time,

It does sound like ground balancing. I was thinking about buying the gti 1500, I am torn between the Tesoro Tejon. I don't know if I would like the Lcd display. I was wondering ? Does the gti 2500 seem to proform a lot better then the ace 250 ?

i have both an ace 250 and a GTI 2500 and the GTI does perform better than the ACE 250 but i wouldnt say a lot better. in my honest opinion i wouldnt buy another 2500. it is a good machine but there are others out there that blow it away (yes i said it). if you are going to spend for a top of the line machine, and if youre looking at a 2500 you are, i think you can do better.

checkmate

Jun 6, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace 100
I have been having strong feelings for the Tesoro Tejon. I am still undecided. I was thinking about the gti 1500 for a wile, now I'm thinking that all those bells and whistles are just more stuff to break down. The Tejon seems like it would be a basic detector with a lot of raw power.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread