Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
For those who don't like to read you could always do like Hardrock Hendricks did. Date or marry a librarian and let her do the researchg for you. exanimo, ss

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Wetgreenie said:
If you haven't seen them yet there are some great movies that really bring out the treasure hunting bug in you.
Besides any of the Indiana Jones movies or National Treasure:

The most recent I've seen is : Into the Blue
It's an action adventire movie that has a story based on treasure hunting in the Bahamas.
Pretty cool....
I have seen them all and they leave out about half of the book nope READ AND heed that what I say Buck

OP
OP
Wetgreenie

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Oops, I forgot about that part. the Movie VS the book content. I am trying to read The Davinci code. It's good! but I seem to have a tough time sticking to it (reading). I forgot that my whole intent was to read the book before seeing the movie.
I'm really going to have to buckle down to pull that one off.

The lady at the book store said she read it in one night! Kripes :o

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Wetgreenie said:
Oops, I forgot about that part. the Movie VS the book content. I am trying to read The Davinci code.? It's good!? but I seem to have a tough time sticking to it (reading). I forgot that my whole intent was to read the book before seeing the movie.
I'm really going to have to buckle down to pull that one off.

The lady at the book store said she read it in one night! Kripes? :o
Best of luck reading the Da Vinci code I tried reading it about a year and a half ago and only got to chapter 55 I finally just gave it up for good the lady at my book store said that she could not put it down that it was a very interesting book to each their own i guess

OP
OP
Wetgreenie

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
I hear you on that one!

It's kinda funny how small the chapters are in that book.
Granted, most books I read come with their own crayons.
But I'd be done by chapter 15 instead of a 1/4 inch into it.

:P

Klaatu

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Wetgreenie said:
I am trying to read The Davinci code.? It's good!? but I seem to have a tough time sticking to it (reading).

I have not read The Da Vinci Code yet but I have the unabridged audio version on CD. The next time I drive from Colorado to Georgia I will listen to it. Nothing helps the miles to melt away like a good book on CD.

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Wetgreenie said:
I hear you on that one!

It's kinda funny how small the chapters are in that book.
Granted, most books I read come with their own crayons.
But I'd be done by chapter 15 instead of a 1/4 inch into it.

:P
Yea my kid tied to read it also but gave it up she said it was just too zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz booooring

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Klaatu said:
Wetgreenie said:
I am trying to read The Davinci code.? It's good!? but I seem to have a tough time sticking to it (reading).?

I have not read The Da Vinci Code yet but I have the unabridged audio version on CD. The next time I drive from Colorado to Georgia I will listen to it. Nothing helps the miles to melt away like a good book on CD.
BRING PLENTY OF COFFEE YOU WILL NEED IT

OP
OP
Wetgreenie

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
I got back into a couple chapters last night and was reminded that it's kind of a tough one for me.
It's a cool story but, I guess i'm not that good of a reader....espesially with all the french names, places and quotes.
Maybe i'll need a french version of hooked on phonics....

Ahhh,....screw that, I'll go see the movie!

OP
OP
Wetgreenie

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Hey that one sounds cool, Kinda funny it almost the exact story line from "INTO THE BLUE"

THE DEEP:

This visually stunning action-adventure film, based on the best-selling novel by JAWS author Peter Benchley, stars Nick Nolte and Jaqueline Bissett as a couple on a romantic holiday in Bermuda. New Yorkers, David Sanders (Nolte) and Gail Berke (Bissett) are enjoying a much-needed vacation; while diving one day they discover the sunken wreck of a WWII freighter and unearth a gold coin as well as a mysterious glass ampule. Excited, they believe their discovery could be a long lost treasure, but they soon learn that their most valuable discovery is actually an ampule of morphine, one of thousands left behind on the medical supply ship. This discovery leads them into the hands of Henry Cloche (Louis Gossett Jr.), an extremely dangerous and powerful Haitian drug dealer who will stop at nothing to unearth the dangerous treasure. With the help of Romer Treece (Robert Shaw), an old treasure hunter, David and Gail soon realize that they have made a much more important discovery than the morphine and set out to keep their actual treasure a secret. Director Peter Yates's suspenseful film features death-defying dives and exquisite underwater photography. Posters of Bissett underwater in a T-shirt adorned many a dorm wall in the late 1970s.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions