Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master
ACE 250
AT Pro
Garrett Pin Pointer
Meaty hand shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, I had a couple hours this afternoon and I took the boy to the Honey Hole. Found#5 IH, 1880. 1917 Merc which was beat up a little, a small stack of wheats (I still get excited with them), got 3 of them in a little coin spill and the 4th 1909 wheat to boot. The pin is pretty cool, I am pretty sure its plated, came up between 55 and 60 on my AT Pro and the signal was real scratchy. I think its Navy, if anyone knows, let me know! Anyways, pulled another 20 clad coins out and a load of junk! The running total for my 2 acre Honey Hole is now:

(1) 1796 1R Spanish Reale
(1) 1828 Large Cent
(1) 1857 3 Cent Piece
(5) IH 1889 to 1906
(1) 1909 Barber Dime
(40+ wheats)
(12) assorted tokens, SEPTA, RED ARROW and Kid stuff
(2) Horse shoes
hundreds and I mean hundreds of clad coins.

I need to name the place...help me out!

Attachments

• 11-7-14 Honey Hole finds.jpg
    11-7-14 Honey Hole finds.jpg
    818.1 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 7

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Honey Hole sounds as good as any name! Great finds.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would love a spot that good!

OP
OP
G
Oct 15, 2014
Delaware County, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master
ACE 250
AT Pro
Garrett Pin Pointer
Meaty hand shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! I have to say that over my 3 or so years this is by far the best place I have hunted hands down. The cool thing is, I have hit 2-3 acres of probably 100 or so. as I get deeper into the spot I am finding that his had been dug before and plenty of times by complete slobs! The plug holes are apparent and most of the time they leave their junk in the holes. The upside is, most of the targets they do find are probably less than 6 inches or so, my reasoning is, short of a few coins, I have picked up all of them way past 6". So, after 30 or so times to the site, I have learned to walk over the 4 inchers and dig on anything 6" or past. Naturally, if I get a slammer reading I am going to dig it regardless of depth. On the AT Pro, after digging 80's at 2-4" and pulling up memorials, it gets easy to walk over those ones...its all the other ranges that make "picking" picking the spot tough BUT, I'm still earning and the learning curve so far is just fine with me. When I think I have it just about picked out I am thinking of making an all call to some guys here to group hunt it. At the end of the day, it would be really cool to have several different machines at that spot to see how the ATP stacks up...and also to see how well I did at cleaning the spot out! I will keep going until mother nature doesn't let me stick a shovel in the ground anymore! Good luck my man, HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread