MoJoe

Nov 17, 2009
Saint Charles, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,
Fisher F2, Fisher F Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a kid in school, I HATED history. I did NOT remember names, places or dates. Now on the other hand I absorb it. With that said, here is a little story:

I was born and lived outside a small town in Missouri all my life. The other day while looking for places to do a quick little hunt on Google earth, I ran across a road name I didn't recognize. I just thought it was a dead end road. So I decided to look up the street name. I then found that the field next to the road is actually a city park? (that is now unused) After a couple hours research I discovered, that the local high school had used the field next to this road for football games back in the 50's. I also found out there have been circuses, town picnics, and back in the early 1900's Buffalo Bill Cody and his Wild West Show performed in this same field. I had walked past this field countless times to go mess around in the creek there, 20 years ago or so when I was a kid and NEVER had a clue.

Now all I have to do is wait for the field to dry out, and I am ready to go. Would you have guessed this field had SO much history behind it.???
Photo-0037.jpg

Last edited:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd be out there with a bucket bailing that out. What an awesome spot that could turn out to be. Please keep us posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread