The hunt was on, stalking big game

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to Goodwill today and they had a few carts out of new items. Was heading towards them and seen this couple looking at a hooked on phonics deluxe reading set. I knew for sure that these are good money. So went over looking through the basket and they were either new eBay sellers or out if their specialty because they were totally unsure of the value. So as they waited on a phone call back about the value I wondered around and picked up a 80's model and some older toy mini dolls bag. Had to wait for a hour for them to make their mind up.
Well it happened Seen them head to the other side of the store and walked over to the basket and there it was! Snagged it up fast. Well heard the guys phone ring and see the smile creep across his face and hung up quick. Walks over and his face dropped, it was gone. The price on the item was $25 bucks and that's what was their issue with it. They sell for 80 for the one I have with the shape it is in. Almost all is in plastic and has a bunch of other scholastic stuff with it. May not be hundred but still money in the bank. Shows patients and research pays off.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They didn't attack you and say they had it first. Wow,that is what usually happens.
Congrats!

OP
OP
N

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks , No they didnt attack me and I was surprised considering they hung around the register for 20 minutes after it was gone. Even if they did they still wouldn't have gotten it, you put it down its fair game to me.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to Goodwill today and they had a few carts out of new items. Was heading towards them and seen this couple looking at a hooked on phonics deluxe reading set. I knew for sure that these are good money. So went over looking through the basket and they were either new eBay sellers or out if their specialty because they were totally unsure of the value. So as they waited on a phone call back about the value I wondered around and picked up a 80's model and some older toy mini dolls bag. Had to wait for a hour for them to make their mind up.
Well it happened Seen them head to the other side of the store and walked over to the basket and there it was! Snagged it up fast. Well heard the guys phone ring and see the smile creep across his face and hung up quick. Walks over and his face dropped, it was gone. The price on the item was $25 bucks and that's what was their issue with it. They sell for 80 for the one I have with the shape it is in. Almost all is in plastic and has a bunch of other scholastic stuff with it. May not be hundred but still money in the bank. Shows patients and research pays off.

They sell for $80? You sure?

OP
OP
N

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
80.00 is what I'm asking. Might bump it down to 65.00 to shoot the middle. There's one person who took 29.00 way to low on that one. Rest were 55 and up to 129 that last ones with free shipping. So yeah 80 is probly what I could get considering almost all but a couple of those sold are opened with used books and items.

OP
OP
N

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
80.00 is what I'm asking. Might bump it down to 65.00 to shoot the middle. There's one person who took 29.00 way to low on that one. Rest were 55 and up to 129 that last ones with free shipping. So yeah 80 is probly what I could get considering almost all but a couple of those sold are opened with used books and items.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429073608.847116.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429073622.176341.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429073635.196789.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429073645.797566.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429073656.179257.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread