The Infowarrior has returned. Hope you all are SEATED for the king(s)!

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, long time no post!

I havent stopped hunting, just been busy otherwise, and havent had much time for forums.

I have been stopping in time to time, and see some real nice posts!! Ill get around to replying soon...

Thanks for the PMs people, ill get back to you shortly... just wanted to post this up quickly...

I have been doing around 30-36 boxes a week, and been real slow on finds this past month, even with boxes dated dec 19 and 20th... i was getting skunked left and right... out of the last 135 boxes I only got 8 oz of silver... ugh!! Hopefully it will start picking back up.

I went on a CWR run earlier in december and came across a bank that had 600+ in ikes, and I grabbed 150, but forget what bank it even was... Cause I didnt get around to checking them for a week... I found (2) type 2's and (22) type 3's :headbang::headbang: I need to get back and find the rest of those ikes! lol... I just dont have a good dump setup in place, but I did get burned by a former pickup bank, so maybe they can hold on to all of the "rejects"...

During that CWR run, I hit a big score at a single bank, that had 4 rolls, 2 of which had "old halfs" written on the side... Ended up with 12 40%, 2 kennedy 90%, 18 bens, and 16 walkers!!! It was awesome!:hello2::hello2:. At this same bank, they also had 100$ in ikes, which were rolled up!! My first rolls I have found of ikes. They gave up my other type 2 Ike I found, So thats (3) type 2 ikes I found in a day lol.

Another great find to note, I found a 1918 Commemorative about 6 or 7 weeks ago... Real nice shape!

These are the type 2's I found, Dont know if you can make them out or not... but its the best I could do with my camera.
CIMG1390.JPG CIMG1393.JPG CIMG1396.JPG

Today I went to pickup my normal order, and she tells me she also has 100$ in a sealed bag that somebody brought in, and also 30$ in ikes(which didnt pan out to anything good)... This was awesome, because ive been using this branch for pickups for about 8 months now, and never once have they ever had CWR/loose or anything halves or big dollars at all...

Well heres the pics of what I saw when I jingled it around a little bit.
CIMG1376.JPG CIMG1377.JPG CIMG1378.JPG CIMG1379.JPG CIMG1381.JPG

Surprisingly, the bag only held the 1876 Seated, 1 90% kennedy, and 4 40%ers... the rest was clad... oh and a foreign, Italian 1970 "L.100" coin. Cant believe I found a seated!! I was wondering if I ever would lol... Was hoping for an ender, but thats just as good, cause I could make it the ender... I seen reverse at first and thought it was a barber, but when I flipped it over, I think I did scream... haha.

Its seems like just some sticky residue on there, like you normally see on coins that get stuck inside coin machines... Prolly soda or somethin sugary any suggestions on cleaning it off?

Hope you had a good holiday, I know I did, even though the silver didnt really pan out for me, but I got my new vape toy, the Innokin 134!

HH all!

Upvote 0

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Back =)

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone mentioned you the otherday and I was hoping to hear from ya again info- good to see ya back and hope 2014 brings ya much ag

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Congrats on joining the Seated Society. Acetone will clean it off. Don't bother with nail polish remover. Get the goods from Home Depot. Use in a well-ventilated area and away from a heat source. Don't use plastic. Pour a small amount in a glass dish and let the lady soak for a few minutes. Rinse in fresh water. You may have to use some dish soap and hot water in the rinse. Don't worry about the "Do Not Clean" crowd. You aren't hurting the value by removing the gunk.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back buddy, it's nice to see you post again, I missed your posts! Best of luck in 2014!

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx diver, Yah Im not too worried, I dont plan on selling it! I just dont like that crap on it.

Thx Buff! U too man

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome to see you post again! That's some great volume you are doing, no wonder why you've been absent! Congrats on the Seated, did the cust bring anything else in that you get search? Great way to start 2014!
HH!
BRChiver

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only asked if the same person brought both the ikes/halves in... I didnt think to ask about the quarters/dimes, because I didnt see or hear anything... She counted the ikes infront of me, and no silver etc... and i didnt hear or see silver in the bag at the bank either :P

Only once I got to my next destination did I fumble the bag around, and saw a couple rims, and decided to check one, and it was the seated!! holy crap haha

I was supposed to be doing 50+ boxes about now, but one of my pickup banks cut me off mostly... I lost 16 standing box orders, that I had for 9-12 months for some of the branches... They all told me they could still order boxes, but that it would cost me 17.50$ per box!!! Can you believe that crap?!?!?!

It all happened the same week I made the huge push for ordering more boxes, my new banks kicked in, but the old ones kicked me out, saying they wanted to charge 17.50 per box!!! Outrageous! They broke down the costs for me, 25cents for the box and 35 cents per roll or something... Man was I pe-od... I mean I had long relationships with all of them... I was seriously going to close my acct, but the one saving grace was my branch which still is ordering 8 bx a week for me and hasnt said a word about it to me...

I think I am going to use those banks as my ike dump banks though... just go find that bank with 500+ ikes, and dump the rejects on them...

Seriously I brought them cookies and **** every other week, and they dont even say anything when I tell them im going to close my acct unless they can order boxes without ridiculous fees. "They are just doing their job" Man am I sick of that excuse.

HH

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Someone mentioned you the otherday and I was hoping to hear from ya again info- good to see ya back and hope 2014 brings ya much ag

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

That was me, In the Tobacco thread that 50 posted. About dang time we here from you buddy! Glad to see you info!! HH, Maverick.

Last edited:

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only asked if the same person brought both the ikes/halves in... I didnt think to ask about the quarters/dimes, because I didnt see or hear anything... She counted the ikes infront of me, and no silver etc... and i didnt hear or see silver in the bag at the bank either :P

Only once I got to my next destination did I fumble the bag around, and saw a couple rims, and decided to check one, and it was the seated!! holy crap haha

I was supposed to be doing 50+ boxes about now, but one of my pickup banks cut me off mostly... I lost 16 standing box orders, that I had for 9-12 months for some of the branches... They all told me they could still order boxes, but that it would cost me 17.50$ per box!!! Can you believe that crap?!?!?!

It all happened the same week I made the huge push for ordering more boxes, my new banks kicked in, but the old ones kicked me out, saying they wanted to charge 17.50 per box!!! Outrageous! They broke down the costs for me, 25cents for the box and 35 cents per roll or something... Man was I pe-od... I mean I had long relationships with all of them... I was seriously going to close my acct, but the one saving grace was my branch which still is ordering 8 bx a week for me and hasnt said a word about it to me...

I think I am going to use those banks as my ike dump banks though... just go find that bank with 500+ ikes, and dump the rejects on them...

Seriously I brought them cookies and **** every other week, and they dont even say anything when I tell them im going to close my acct unless they can order boxes without ridiculous fees. "They are just doing their job" Man am I sick of that excuse.

HH
Yep it happens to the best of us and it absolutely sucks! I lost one of my best dump banks a while back. I guess it's the evolution of the CRH's...
HH!
BRChiver

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one bank tell me that I would have to pay $14 for a $250 box of dimes I guess $0.25 per roll and $1.50 for the box?? That's just my guess.

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
14 bucks for dimes? Wow... yah these banks i tell ya...

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well with the holidays I missed out on 12 boxes, and only ended up with 26 for the week, pulling in 17 40% and 1 90%... ugh

I also forgot a memorable find in a coin machine... someone tossed a painted 1999 ASE IN A CAPSULE!!! Lol

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread