THE INJURY THREAD. Post your wounds here.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning I was sitting in my recliner watching TV when I got choked on coffee. I put my hand over my mouth to no avail----coffee all over my shirt. Then I leaned forward and grabbed my trash can and let the mouth full of coffee go there-------------I was still choked and gasping for breath. The next thing I remember was waking up on the floor, bleeding from my head and right knee.
I can finally walk but knee still hurts. Still can't figure what I hit my head on.
I guess I shouldn't watch TV and drink coffee huh?
Marvin

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This morning I was sitting in my recliner watching TV when I got choked on coffee. I put my hand over my mouth to no avail----coffee all over my shirt. Then I leaned forward and grabbed my trash can and let the mouth full of coffee go there-------------I was still choked and gasping for breath. The next thing I remember was waking up on the floor, bleeding from my head and right knee.
I can finally walk but knee still hurts. Still can't figure what I hit my head on.
I guess I shouldn't watch TV and drink coffee huh?
Marvin

Damn Marvin.... I truly hope your getting better and wish ya the best buddy. But.... if you read the Georgia Constitution it FIRMLY states that watching TV (or anything) and drinking coffee is NOT ALLOWED. Nor is stealing TN. golden horseshoes from Limitool. BUT BACK TO EARTH NOW BUDDY... I totally wish ya the best sir... Brad

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
when you woke up, was your wife standing over you with a hammer?

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok kids, it’s been a while, share your pain.:violent1:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No pain dave....just a common cold. Now just imagine being that guy with the common cold in a world of Corona virus. For all intents and purposes I am one of the infected walking dead. You tell people "it's just a cold" they give you this strange look and start backing away. People are terrified of me !! Thank god the coughing and sneezing are almost gone now !! I was metal detecting and a homeless guy is telling me to get away !! You sound infected man !! Get away from here !! I've definitely been isolated the last 2 weeks....everyone terrified to even talk to me from 30 feet away. I have been working in the wood shop with no distractions except the stereo !!

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hard to give that a like Bart, but I like that you are recovering.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel left out. This thread makes me want to hurt myself!

Had a few decent injuries, but no pictures ; (

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's one that my older brother did a month ago...

He and his wife visit the Texas coast in the winter for a few months to get away from the nasty weather in Wisconsin. He's more of a golfer than a fisherman, but decided he'd try his luck and talked to a bait shop there and got all set-up to surf fish. Turns out he catches a catfish and decides to use his foot to help get it back in the water and he gets speared by one of the spikes and ends up in ER. The spike broke-off in his foot and he needed surgery. Laid up for weeks!

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's one that my older brother did a month ago...

He and his wife visit the Texas coast in the winter for a few months to get away from the nasty weather in Wisconsin. He's more of a golfer than a fisherman, but decided he'd try his luck and talked to a bait shop there and got all set-up to surf fish. Turns out he catches a catfish and decides to use his foot to help get it back in the water and he gets speared by one of the spikes and ends up in ER. The spike broke-off in his foot and he needed surgery. Laid up for weeks!
Wow! That sucks:angry5:

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ouch!...I got a catfish barb under my thumbnail once, those suckers hurt!

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was washing a plate that had been sitting out overnight...ok maybe two days.
Used my thumbnail to scrape off a piece of stubborn food that would not come off...the piece of food lodged deep under my thumbnail..woke up the next day with it throbbing.

Yesterday I sharpened a thumbtack with a flat file, sterilized it with alcohol, then started digging around. A pocket of puss came out. So I ventured out to the store and bought a syringe to try and spray hydrogen peroxide under it. Not sure if it worked...still hurts like heck but not as much as yesterday.

My dads uncle knelt down in the bathroom and scratched his knee. He died of blood poisoning..the smallest thing can take you out.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now look... it was you who bumped his thread

:P

:)

Oregon Viking