THE INJURY THREAD. Post your wounds here.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No pictures, I was trying not to faint and didn't think about the camera, but a very memorable injury occurred while I was upholstering a sofa. I was using a magnetic tack hammer that allows you to set the tack on the hammer and then drive it in while using your free hand to hold your fabric taut. Works great except if your hand gets in the way and you nail your finger to the sofa. It wasn't so bad to get the finger off the sofa, the end of the nail was only stuck a little bit in the sofa, but I had to use a plyers to pull the nail back out of my finger. Afterwards I just had to rest on the floor a bit until the room stopped spinning.

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea Susan, a pic would have been good, BUT A VIDEO EVEN BETTER!!!...:laughing7:
Thanks for posting...

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No pictures, I was trying not to faint and didn't think about the camera, but a very memorable injury occurred while I was upholstering a sofa. I was using a magnetic tack hammer that allows you to set the tack on the hammer and then drive it in while using your free hand to hold your fabric taut. Works great except if your hand gets in the way and you nail your finger to the sofa. It wasn't so bad to get the finger off the sofa, the end of the nail was only stuck a little bit in the sofa, but I had to use a plyers to pull the nail back out of my finger. Afterwards I just had to rest on the floor a bit until the room stopped spinning.

I've done that but didn't get to rest on the floor, had to wrap the finger up and finish the chair. I've also slipped with the air staple gun and shot a half inch staple into my leg...needed the staple puller to remove it.
The human body sure likes to hang onto stuff. :sly:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Since this is a popular "show us your toe" I was hoping to throw my wake up moment into the ring (toe-ring).
I was cutting wood on my table saw and this idiot was chatting me up and I lost my focus and sure enough I cut my thumb in half down the center. I was in shock and didn't think to take a picture. Lol!
My daughter came out and was yelling what do I do Dad and knowing I was about to passout I told her to bring me a beer! :laughing7: :occasion14:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carving a block of wax... stuck a large X-acto knife through my thumb... right through the joint...
It happened so quick...
as soon as it went in I pulled it out... thumb was fine until I saw blood from the OTHER SIDE. heh

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know folks, with all the stories and injuries talked about, what we have here is a bunch of tuff people who don't let anything get in their way. It might take some of us a little longer to accomplish something, but we get the job done. Ya really have to wonder about the generations coming up. Do you think they could handle things as well as us folks did ? Just a BIG KUDOS to all the survivors here. May the rest of remaining time here be safe and painless for us all.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya know folks, with all the stories and injuries talked about, what we have here is a bunch of tuff people who don't let anything get in their way. It might take some of us a little longer to accomplish something, but we get the job done. Ya really have to wonder about the generations coming up. Do you think they could handle things as well as us folks did ? Just a BIG KUDOS to all the survivors here. May the rest of remaining time here be safe and painless for us all.

When I see my son work on his projects, I know the younger generation can and will be able to handle things and excel.

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
image.jpeg

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
opening boxes one morning at work with a boxknife, I sliced right thru and into my wrist. Yep right down the vein. Didn't even hurt till I looked and moved my wrist and it started pouring blood then I got a little weak. All that is left is the scar that makes people ask if I tried to commit suicide.

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What scar?....I don't see it...:laughing7:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While I'll NEVER match Foxtrot197 (nor want too).... First of all I want to thank you for your service!!!!

Back in 95' I was building this huge deck I just had to have. Life was good and the money was flowing in. I bought a 16 penny stud air gun to "help". Worked great!!!!! Must of shot about 1000 nails+ plus before I screwed up badly. My then 14 y/o son was helping me and we were flying along with the under pinning. I grabbed the gun reached over the edge from the top and started "popping" off nails.

I went to fast and hit the very top of a 1 1/2" x 6" board. The nail broke the board and buried itself between my right thumb and next finger. I dropped the gun and instantly looked at my hand. All I could see was a 1/4" of the nail sticking out between my fingers. I stood up and keep turning my hand over and over to see the nail until I realized (5 seconds later-eyes wide open) that it was IN ME!!!! After I realize that the nail had ran length wise into my hand I just wanted it out. It had a chiseled point on the end and I was hoping it didn't bury into a bone. So I grabbed the head of it and twisted it to see if it "moved". It moved easily around and around... (another stupid move). So since it moved around and around let's just PULL IT ALL OUT! So I pulled the long nail out. It came out easily... along with a BUNCH OF FLESH. The 2 small wires running along the nail packs turned into "FISH HOOKS" after being fired into the wood from the guns hammer.

Long story short now... Went to hospital about 2hrs. later because it "started to hurt real bad". I wanted to know if I broke a bone. Doc says... nope, hit bone and just slide right along it. FLESH WOUND. Thank God I am left handed.... it hurt like hell for the next 3 months. I DO NOT ADVISE driving a 3" piece of steel into your hand length wise... :laughing7:

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if your out at the front door do they call you matt?

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jumped by 5 with rocks left in woods for dead
police did a great job had all 5 before the ambulance
got me to the hospital
2006-05-24-DSCF0001.JPG

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a solid contribution to the thread fmerg...sorry it came at the expense of your face....
Glad the punks got caught.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
A poem..
As far as I know