Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for those who have these Love Bugs/Honeymoon Bugs, I feel for you. I hate em, even if they don't bite or sting, they're a nuisance. Read the web about em!

Lovebug.jpg
Lovebug2.jpg

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...es?q=Honeymoon+bugs&gbv=2&svnum=10&hl=en&sa=G

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Why would anyone call a nasty 'ol fly a Love bug? Did you see the pic's of the truck grille and that windshield YUCK! We feel for you river, just a few weeks and they will be all gone. Good luck until then!

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
those miserable things will ruin a paint job... hate them almost as bad as yellowjackets.

aaron

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one thing I never missed when I moved from Florida. Yes, they can ruin a paint job.

OP
OP
River Rat

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CarolinaDigs said:
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Why would anyone call a nasty 'ol fly a Love bug?
Why do they call them Honeymoon bugs ??

Cause they are mating when they are flying. ::) Anyway, they're in swarms and like heat & white. No painting, no mowing, no riding motorcycle, got to learn to keep your mouth shut cause they're fly right on in. ;D Speaking of paint jobs...if you do not wash off you grille and the front of the hood, the acid in their bodies will eat that paint. Anyone traveling I-10/I-12 from TX to FL has to stop & have vehicle washed or keep the water spraying with windshield wipers on. :(

;) RR

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
RR...I got introduced to those when I was in Mississippi after Katrina. The danged things turned our white vehicles almost black on the grill and windshield. Feel sorry for those of you that go thru that every year!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgive me RR but is that where the saying, I dont give a flying f... came from ??? AA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread