The John Huston Jig !!

Slytlytilted

Jun 19, 2007
Have you ever watched "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" When john Huston does his little jig when they find gold?Now picture a one legged man doing this, it is frightingly funny but every time i find something good i just cant help myself.Well today was one of those days,a couple of days ago (last Thurs) as i was coming home in my wheelchair i saw a man an a teenager bulldozing some dirt at at house that looked like it was about a 100 yrs old in williamsport.An i asked if it would be ok to detect when they were through the guy said sure.I was like, great i'll be by tomorrow well i did'nt get there until Sat. an it was so hot! i havent been out for about 2 months 'cause of my surgery anyhow i got sunburnt pretty good! An i didnt find anything great except for 3 clad quarters 4 clad dimes and a bunch of dissolving zinc pennies. Not great but anytime i find a quarter for me its a great day so i went home happy but not elated! I saw while i was there at the site a trench they were digging and about 1 1/2 feet down a layer of bricks an figured that was probably where the original road was an also all the goodies. So today i went back an they had dug a few more trenches an piled the dirt up along sides the trenches.I detected all those piles and it was there that i did the John Huston Jig,i found my very first seated liberty dime an 1856!!

Attachments

• Picture006.jpg
    Picture006.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 439
  • Picture004.jpg
    Picture004.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 432
Upvote 0

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Wow,very nice!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that a UFO in those pictures? Just kidding. What a find!
Congrats to you. That's an old sucker.
-MM-

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Congratulations on the Seated Dime!

You took advantage of a short time opportunity and it paid off big!

Ridley

Treasuredawg

Mar 19, 2006
Northern Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exployer II, Xterra 30
Your pictures are about like mine, lol.....WOW....I can only dream of finding something that old. See if you can get some clean pics.....we would all like to see that coin.....Do a little dance....make a little love....get down tonight!!

treasuredawg

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
It is amazing how many seated coins have been found this week. It just goes to show you that the goodies are there for the finding. Now...If we could all just start finding.....ah a perfect world!

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you got out to hunt ! and glad you found the 1856 seated liberty ;) congrats and hope you go back there and get some more to show us ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions