,, The Keizerin ,, a VOC ship

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
In 1636 a VOC ship having another small ship in tow was wrecked on the coast of Vietnam . The ship was the 200 tons Keizerin , loaded with porcelain . On the 29th of October she sank in the Bay of Padaran on the coast of Champa ( Vietnam ) . The ship was never salvaged !!! . I have the old map showing the exact spot of sinking . I could not post this map because it was too big to be put on this forum . If you are interested in the map , PM me and I will send it to your E-Mail number . Cornelius

OP
OP
cornelis 816

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Thanks Don and Oldman . It is so bad that I am missing most of the old participants of this forum . Maybe they will show up later . Cornelius

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cornelius,

Welcome back,good to see you here again. :wav:

OP
OP
cornelis 816

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Pcolaboy. I am so glad that some of my old friends remember me . Too bad that my other 2500 posts do not count anymore and that I have to start all over again . But ....hey... I am not complaining . Cornelius

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Cornelius

Welcome (back) Cornelius.
Always welcome the voice of a sage.
VV

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back Cornelius, you've been missed.

OldGold74

Jul 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab/Fisher/Aquapulse
Must have been a real slow tow.....welcome Cornelius.

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Welcome back to the Forum, Cornelius! Vietnam coast is a little too far from my territory of interest but I would like to use immediately your famous expertise and ask you a question: How many VOC shipwrecks do you think could be around Hispaniola island? it is known that the Dutch wanted to establish some kind of subsidiary of East India Company but for the Caribbean and also for the coast of today's Latin America. As I know they were interested not only in their small territorieds in the Antilles but also in Brasil.... Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Lobo (Bobadilla)

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back to TreasureNet Cornelius, its good to see you posting on these pages once again.

Tom

OP
OP
cornelis 816

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Wreckdiver ( Tommy ) thanks to you I can get back on the forum . Thanks again I appreciate it . And to answer Bobadilla : Yes the Dutch were very interested in the West Indies as they called it . The East Indies had their VOC while the West Indies had their WIC . They had their base in Brazil as well as on the islands . There were wrecks plenty and if you are interested I will try to find the location of some of them for you to investigate . Thank you again for your interest in this matter . Cornelius

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Cornelius, good to see you posting on the forum. Always learned alot from your experience!

Pete

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread