The Knights Templar connection to Oak Island Challenge

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Actually, the problem has been that some look to create answers for historical events that have already been answered.

Of course we know that recorded history is always correct. And btw, there is no recorded history for the over 3,000 Knights Templar who escaped capture in the years following 1307, only conjecture.

Cheers, Loki

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Of course we know that recorded history is always correct. And btw, there is no recorded history for the over 3,000 Knights Templar who escaped capture in the years following 1307, only conjecture.
What we do know, of course, is that recorded history is not based on conjecture, speculation, supposition, legend, lore, or what one thinks to support a pet theory.
Are you sure that there is no recorded history of the other over 3000 Templar Knights who escaped capture after 1307?
Are you sure that all over 3000 who escaped were actual warrior knights of the Templar order?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
10% of the organization were knights. Then came the sergeants (light calvary) and the non-combantant members (blacksmiths, masons (small "m") and other tradesmen and the clerics who did the banking and management, and then the chaplains). The squires and grooms were not Temlars - just hired help.

There were probably much fewer than 3,000 knights by the time the 1300's rolled around. Maybe half that.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Using that 10% of 3000 that were warrior knights that makes 300 allegedly uncounted for, probably many more than just two through down their habits and tunics and disappeared into the countryside, some joined other ORDERS, other became mercenary knights for hire, leaving not many to operate one galley, much less three galleys, to sail across the Atlantic Ocean were there be monsters to Nova Scotia and Oak Island to dig a pit for the sole purpose of burying a treasure.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
10% of the organization were knights. Then came the sergeants (light calvary) and the non-combantant members (blacksmiths, masons (small "m") and other tradesmen and the clerics who did the banking and management, and then the chaplains). The squires and grooms were not Temlars - just hired help.

There were probably much fewer than 3,000 knights by the time the 1300's rolled around. Maybe half that.

It wasn't only Warrior Knights who were arrested. There were 600 arrested in France of the 3000 members of the order according to Templar historian Malcolm Barbar's 'Trial of the Templars', leaving at least 2500 unaccounted for in France alone. There is no history of where they went or what happened to them only conjecture.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep. And being religious types used to business practices they doubtless would have held the Parable of the Three Servants close to heart.

Matthew 25:14-30

14 “Again, the Kingdom of Heaven can be illustrated by the story of a man going on a long trip. He called together his servants and entrusted his money to them while he was gone.
15 He gave five bags of silver[a] to one, two bags of silver to another, and one bag of silver to the last—dividing it in proportion to their abilities. He then left on his trip.
16 “The servant who received the five bags of silver began to invest the money and earned five more.
17 The servant with two bags of silver also went to work and earned two more.
18 But the servant who received the one bag of silver dug a hole in the ground and hid the master’s money.
19 “After a long time their master returned from his trip and called them to give an account of how they had used his money.
20 The servant to whom he had entrusted the five bags of silver came forward with five more and said, ‘Master, you gave me five bags of silver to invest, and I have earned five more.’
21 “The master was full of praise. ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let’s celebrate together!’
22 “The servant who had received the two bags of silver came forward and said, ‘Master, you gave me two bags of silver to invest, and I have earned two more.’
23 “The master said, ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let’s celebrate together!’
24 “Then the servant with the one bag of silver came and said, ‘Master, I knew you were a harsh man, harvesting crops you didn’t plant and gathering crops you didn’t cultivate.
25 I was afraid I would lose your money, so I hid it in the earth. Look, here is your money back.’
26 “But the master replied, ‘You wicked and lazy servant! If you knew I harvested crops I didn’t plant and gathered crops I didn’t cultivate,
27 why didn’t you deposit my money in the bank? At least I could have gotten some interest on it.’
28 “Then he ordered, ‘Take the money from this servant, and give it to the one with the ten bags of silver.
29 To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away.
30 Now throw this useless servant into outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Using that 10% of 3000 that were warrior knights that makes 300 allegedly uncounted for, probably many more than just two through down their habits and tunics and disappeared into the countryside, some joined other ORDERS, other became mercenary knights for hire, leaving not many to operate one galley, much less three galleys, to sail across the Atlantic Ocean were there be monsters to Nova Scotia and Oak Island to dig a pit for the sole purpose of burying a treasure.

You can't seem to get it out of your head that I never mentioned the Templars burying a treasure on Oak Island.

Cheers, Loki

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
What other purpose would the Templars sail across the Atlantic to an undeveloped wildness land inhabited by indigenous people who had no need for armoured knights or their coconut coir?

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Are you now departing from the Poussin-"Et In Arcadia Ego"- Shugborough Folly Monument connection you once promoted?

Not at all, both Poussin themed clues, His own painting and the Shugborough Inscription, point to Nova Scotia with many easy to understand directions. David Teniers painted his Petite version of the Temptation of St. Anthony showing the exact location in Nova Scotia, a site near Annapolis Basin, where the Templars hid the Holy Grail. There are several other, also easy to understand clues that point to that location, a site that I visited and identified as a location where something was placed many years ago.

Oak Island is a site the Templars visited while at Nova Scotia (Vinland) where they probably repaired vessels dumped old smelly coconut coir and nearby set up a camp. I don't believe they left much of anything at Oak Island on purpose. I understand that most think this is wild conjecture, but in my own opinion it is much more than that.

In 1604 Samuel Champlain visited Nova Scotia with a mysterious priest on board who disappeared, (became lost), for 15 days in the vicinity of Annapolis Basin. This is during the same period that the equally mysterious Vincent de Paul (St. Vincent) was allegedly captured by pirates and held for two years. Vincent de Paul is named in the poem composed by Jean Cocteau that is considered a clue to the site of the Grail, le Serpent Rouge!

Btw, I'm looking at Marty's winery, quite a beautiful site, called "Mari" check it out on Google in Traverse City!

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Not at all, both Poussin themed clues, His own painting and the Shugborough Inscription, point to Nova Scotia with many easy to understand directions.
David Teniers painted his Petite version of the Temptation of St. Anthony showing the exact location in Nova Scotia, a site near Annapolis Basin, where the Templars hid the Holy Grail.
There are several other, also easy to understand clues that point to that location, a site that I visited and identified as a location where something was placed many years ago.

Oak Island is a site the Templars visited while at Nova Scotia (Vinland) where they probably repaired vessels dumped old smelly coconut coir and nearby set up a camp.
I don't believe they left much of anything at Oak Island on purpose.
I understand that most think this is wild conjecture, but in my own opinion it is much more than that...
The biggest conjecture which you believe ties all this Templar hugger mugger together, Loki, is that the Templars possessed the Holy Grail.
Where is the documented evidence of this?
I hope you are not basing this belief on Otto Rahn's fantasies concerning Montsegur.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
In 1604 Samuel Champlain visited Nova Scotia with a mysterious priest on board who disappeared, (became lost), for 15 days in the vicinity of Annapolis Basin.
This is during the same period that the equally mysterious Vincent de Paul (St. Vincent) was allegedly captured by pirates and held for two years.
Vincent de Paul is named in the poem composed by Jean Cocteau that is considered a clue to the site of the Grail, le Serpent Rouge!
What does Champlain's mysterious wandering lost priest have to do with the Templars and Oak Island?
Jean Cocteau, the alleged Grandmaster of Plantard's fictional Priory Of Sion, writes a poem that mentions de Vincent and is a clue to where the Templars his the Grail at Annapolis Basin?
All you open ended statements Loki are just that without providing solid documented evidence from the professional academic historical scholar community.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The biggest conjecture which you believe ties all this Templar hugger mugger together, Loki, is that the Templars possessed the Holy Grail.
Where is the documented evidence of this?
I hope you are not basing this belief on Otto Rahn's fantasies concerning Montsegur.

Someday I will post Otto Rahn's bio here and you will see that he was not the person you seem to think he was. Of course he didn't know exactly what the Grail was, but he was seriously looking for it, and he was looking in the last place he knew it was, Montsegur. But no, I have other evidence which I have enumerated here over and over to you, all you have to do is look it back up.

The fact is that the Knights Templar had and knew the secret of the Grail, part of which they received from the Cathars just before the fall of Montsegur in 1244. Remember many Templars were related to Cathar families.

Cheers, Loki

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... I have other evidence which I have enumerated here over and over to you, all you have to do is look it back up...
Myth, legend, lore, folktales, supposition, speculation and innuendo which you have posted is not considered by the legitimate professional academic lettered and scholar history community as evidence.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Myth, legend, lore, folktales, supposition, speculation and innuendo which you have posted is not considered by the legitimate professional academic lettered and scholar history community as evidence.

Evidence; broadly construed, is anything presented in support of an assertion.

Cheers, Loki

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Well at least you are finally acknowledging your "evidence" claims are pure assertions based on myth, legend, lore, folktales, supposition, speculation, and innuendo and not based on hard documented research.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a statement (I gather) based on the Chang Paradox. If you go back 40 generations, assuming every living human has two parents (2), and each of them has two parents (4) and each of them has two parents (8), etc., by the time you get to 40 generations it requires a trillion different people (assuming your tree doesn't loop). 40 generations ago there we only 400 million people on earth . . . so there HAD to be LOTS of kings in your family. (Or the model has an inherent problem of oversimplification). In fact - looking at it purely statistically - EVERYONE alive in the year 800 is must then be related to you many times over . . . statistically. If you base genealogy only on Chang's statistical model.

Of course that is nonsense. And a classic example that figures don't lie . . . but liars figure.

But DNA does show that there were "fortunate" bloodlines that tie back and those currently alive can trace back a lineage of survivors. We are all the product of very resistant and dominate genes . . . or we would not be here. Last I knew it was still held that by looking at the mitochondrial DNA of humans we can be traced back to have had a single female ancestor some 200,000 years ago (very +/-). Her descendants are the ones that survived and spread.

Whether or not you consider here "Eve" is up to you.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread