Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
79th most popular surname in Scotland.
Goes back to the Jurassic Period.

View attachment 1801487
The Sinclairs were the first to domesticate dinosaurs and were ridden by expat French Templars led by Henry Sinclair at the Battle of Bannockburn turning the tide of battle in favor of the Scots.
The Sinclair Chapel at Rosslyn has a hidden carved motif of dinosaurs and Templars at this battle and coconuts and coir being fed to them as a victory treat.
...and that is how it happened, give or take an exaggeration or two or three...

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Sinclairs were the first to domesticate dinosaurs and were ridden by expat French Templars led by Henry Sinclair at the Battle of Bannockburn turning the tide of battle in favor of the Scots.
The Sinclair Chapel at Rosslyn has a hidden carved motif of dinosaurs and Templars at this battle and coconuts and coir being fed to them as a victory treat.
...and that is how it happened, give or take an exaggeration or two or three...

I have recently (two days ago) come across some information that leads me to believe that Templars did make a showing at Bannockburn Creek!

Cheers, Loki

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Knight's Templar were there no matter what historians say otherwise. I know where most of them stayed. And the brotherhood that supplied them after their arrival in 1307 or early 1308. In 1395 and 1398 there were 113 Knights that did not return home. And there were many more in 1357 and earlier. Of the 113 Knight's left behind by Sir Henry Sinclair 54 were from France or Flanders. Six Knights from Flanders and seven others along with a crew of 14, total of 27 died when their ship sank in Mahone Bay. The cross found by Gary Drayton most likely was worn by one of those six Knight's that drowned in Mahone Bay in June 1395.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Is this "research" gleaned from Diana Jean Muir's fictionalized "The Lost Templar Journals of Prince Henry Sinclair"?
"Henry Sinclair, Earl of Orkney, didn't go to America"- Brian Smith, Shetland Archivist, New Orkney Antiquarian Journal
'Nuff Said!

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is this "research" gleaned from Diana Jean Muir's fictionalized "The Lost Templar Journals of Prince Henry Sinclair"?
"Henry Sinclair, Earl of Orkney, didn't go to America"- Brian Smith, Shetland Archivist, New Orkney Antiquarian Journal
'Nuff Said!

No!

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The Knight's Templar were there no matter what historians say otherwise. I know where most of them stayed. And the brotherhood that supplied them after their arrival in 1307 or early 1308. In 1395 and 1398 there were 113 Knights that did not return home. And there were many more in 1357 and earlier. Of the 113 Knight's left behind by Sir Henry Sinclair 54 were from France or Flanders. Six Knights from Flanders and seven others along with a crew of 14, total of 27 died when their ship sank in Mahone Bay. The cross found by Gary Drayton most likely was worn by one of those six Knight's that drowned in Mahone Bay in June 1395.
And, no matter what the evidence indicates, you crack me up :laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I have recently (two days ago) come across some information that leads me to believe that Templars did make a showing at Bannockburn Creek!
Does this have to do with the peat bog discovery of a dinosaur body complete with a saddle with a Templar cross engraved on the horn resting upon a bed of coir?

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Does this have to do with the peat bog discovery of a dinosaur body complete with a saddle with a Templar cross engraved on the horn resting upon a bed of coir?

Must be some kind of dream you had cuz. Is this an example of the kind of mindless post you are going to continue with?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...and what country has Nessie in Loch Ness?
If coir is "evidence" of Templars in Nova Scotia, Nessie is "evidence" that the Templars rode dinosaurs at the Battle of Bannockburn.

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In regards to the Templars being involved in the Battle of Bannockburn 1314?

in the Latin text The Chronicle of Lannercost ( 1272 to 1346 ) As far as I am aware there is no mention of any Templar's being at the battle? Being such a catastrophic loss to English professional Army who would of gladly used the excuse of their loss at Bannockburn being due to highly trained Templar knights? Rather than the poorly trained rag tag dirt farmers of the Scottish army would it not? But there in The Chronicle of Lannercost which gives an comtempory account of the battle there is no mention of them?

In the The Inventory of Historic Battlefields - Battle of Bannockburn The Inventory of Historic Battlefields is a list of nationally important battlefields in Scotland. A battlefield is of national importance if it makes a contribution to the understanding of the archaeology and history of the nation as a whole, in its archaeological report of the event and battle field and its history there is no mention of Templars battle?

A History Of The Battle Of Bannockburn Fought AD 1314 with notices of the principal warriors who engaged in that conflict
White, Robert Published by Edmonston and Douglas, 1871. Give the names of knights earl etc.... But no mention of Templar's

The history of England by George Bate - 1651 Page 203 gives a reasonable description of the Battle of Bannockburn. No mention of Templar's?

Kanacki

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In regards to the Templars being involved in the Battle of Bannockburn 1314?

in the Latin text The Chronicle of Lannercost ( 1272 to 1346 ) As far as I am aware there is no mention of any Templar's being at the battle? Being such a catastrophic loss to English professional Army who would of gladly used the excuse of their loss at Bannockburn being due to highly trained Templar knights? Rather than the poorly trained rag tag dirt farmers of the Scottish army would it not? But there in The Chronicle of Lannercost which gives an comtempory account of the battle there is no mention of them?

In the The Inventory of Historic Battlefields - Battle of Bannockburn The Inventory of Historic Battlefields is a list of nationally important battlefields in Scotland. A battlefield is of national importance if it makes a contribution to the understanding of the archaeology and history of the nation as a whole, in its archaeological report of the event and battle field and its history there is no mention of Templars battle?

A History Of The Battle Of Bannockburn Fought AD 1314 with notices of the principal warriors who engaged in that conflict
White, Robert Published by Edmonston and Douglas, 1871. Give the names of knights earl etc.... But no mention of Templar's

The history of England by George Bate - 1651 Page 203 gives a reasonable description of the Battle of Bannockburn. No mention of Templar's?

Kanacki

I wouldn't say a rag tag army as such, by 1314 they were quite experienced. Some 500 mounted knights led by Sir Robert Keith made the day for the Scottish army by taking out the English archers, and lets not forget that fine English army was led by the inept, Edward II.

The Templar order had been disbanded in 1312 so technically speaking if any of Keith's horse soldiers had been Templars, by 1314 they were not. At the same time Robert the Bruce who had been excommunicated from the Roman Church wanted absolution and the use of Templar soldiers would certainly hinder that, so for history they simply became Scottish soldiers and did not fight under the Templar banner. Remember the winners write the history books.

And, for the record, I'm not saying all 500 horsemen were ex Templars.

A main branch of my family is from Connel and Paisley!

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't say a rag tag army as such, by 1314 they were quite experienced. Some 500 mounted knights led by Sir Robert Keith made the day for the Scottish army by taking out the English archers, and lets not forget that fine English army was led by the inept, Edward II.

The Templar order had been disbanded in 1312 so technically speaking if any of Keith's horse soldiers had been Templars, by 1314 they were not. At the same time Robert the Bruce who had been excommunicated from the Roman Church wanted absolution and the use of Templar soldiers would certainly hinder that, so for history they simply became Scottish soldiers and did not fight under the Templar banner. Remember the winners write the history books.

And, for the record, I'm not saying all 500 horsemen were ex Templars.

A main branch of my family is from Connel and Paisley!

Cheers, Loki

Yes but immediately after the battle the Order of Saint Andrew was formed of the Knight's Templar. The reveals that they were in the Battle of Bannockburn. There was also a legion of Knight's Templar lead by Sir William Sinclair at that battle.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes but immediately after the battle the Order of Saint Andrew was formed of the Knight's Templar. The reveals that they were in the Battle of Bannockburn. There was also a legion of Knight's Templar lead by Sir William Sinclair at that battle.

Hi , You claim the Templars dug up around temple mount .The only 2 Archeological digs ever done at the temple say different .. TP

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

"Recently there have been a revisionist theory, not endorsed by historians, that argues Bruce won at Bannockburn because Templar knights fought along side him...Few historians give credence to the suggestion that Sir William Sinclair was a Templar, nor do they think that members of the Order fought at Bannockburn".
-THE SCOTSMAN, Scotland's National Newspaper November 9, 2005
A "revisionist theory" is NOT historical fact, but alternative pseudo history.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They can call it whatever they like. I happen to know the facts. And quite frankly I have never cared what academics think as they are always wrong.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread