The Knights Templar, William Randolph Hearst, The Crusades, The Occult, Freemasonry, The Holy Grail,

Knights Templar?

Feb 16, 2024
If you weren't involved in commerce, what good would gold do you?
I don't know. Wish I knew why or what the Native Americans knew that had them keep the gold a secret and hidden. They surely knew they could get horses,gun's and many other things by trading the gold,but it seems they didn't do it . But it seems if someone helped them they rewarded them. Don't know,just stories I have read. But find it strange that they keep it hidden even though they could have used it for trading.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know. Wish I knew why or what the Native Americans knew that had them keep the gold a secret and hidden. They surely knew they could get horses,gun's and many other things by trading the gold,but it seems they didn't do it . But it seems if someone helped them they rewarded them. Don't know,just stories I have read. But find it strange that they keep it hidden even though they could have used it for trading.
The Chihene Apaches under Mangas Coloradas traded regularly for goods at Janos in northern Mexico with placer gold they recovered during the late Spanish period. There was considerable gold in today's Bear Creek near Pinos Altos NM, in the heart of their tribal lands. I don't know about other Apache bands, or other Natives, but there's no reason to believe they were ignorant of the value of the metal. BTW, the Chihene gold deposits ("Mandas's secret mine") became well-known as the site of the "Lost Adams Diggings".

Knights Templar?

Feb 16, 2024
T
The Chihene Apaches under Mangas Coloradas traded regularly for goods at Janos in northern Mexico with placer gold they recovered during the late Spanish period. There was considerable gold in today's Bear Creek near Pinos Altos NM, in the heart of their tribal lands. I don't know about other Apache bands, or other Natives, but there's no reason to believe they were ignorant of the value of the metal. BTW, the Chihene gold deposits ("Mandas's secret mine") became well-known as the site of the "Lost Adams Diggings".
Thanks. I never heard of Mandas was a secret mine. I will have to look into that .

Knights Templar?

Feb 16, 2024
I found this interesting what he has to say about the Indians and a group still involved today. Some of the other stuff I have found in the field that I now understand better. Very good video.https://youtube.com/watch?v=Qy58CfMMZCM&si=QEd6bTdTINj03i1a

Last edited:

Knights Templar?

Feb 16, 2024
If you have a intrest in some Templars names from 1888 at a St.Louis commanderie. Just Google Knights Templar circa 1888 St.louis Missouri. You will see a Newspaper.com link . They have a list of members names. Maybe you will find a relative name or a Jesse James gang member,KGC connection,code message? You can also find cloth banners and cards from that Commanderie.Some really cool symbols on them.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks. I never heard of Mandas was a secret mine. I will have to look into that .
The Marvelous Country: Or, Three Years in Arizona and New Mexico, the Apaches' Home, a very informative book written in 1868 by Samuel Cozzens, is a good place to start. The first Anglo adventurers in the area to trade with the Apache were in the 1840/50s. Before that, likely the Taos trappers in the 1820/30s.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread