The Lake i swam in as a kid

sgratrider

Sep 21, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This lake was my summer hang out as a kid in the 70's early 80's. No longer a private club. They have dam trouble now and that's why the water is lowered. This lake is owned by the company i work for. My mother swam there as a girl. I believe it was started somewhere in the 40's. Used to be separate swimming areas for the wealthy and the not as wealthy. The area i was on this time was the not as wealthy beach. This brings the ring total up to i believe 12 for this lake, both areas included. Good part of the beach i haven't even touched yet. Rings in this photo are silver and 10 k gold with some kind of red stone, ruby perhaps. My machine was killer on nickles this evening for some reason. 15 of them. All silver from here is horrible black. Maybe from chemicals put in water to kill algae. First buf nickel here also. Two walking liberty halves. Bunch of wheats sofar. A few merc dimes.

Attachments

• lake club 1.jpg
    lake club 1.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 1,017
  • lake club 2.jpg
    lake club 2.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 1,011
  • from the beach.jpg
    from the beach.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 997
  • silver and gold.jpg
    silver and gold.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,001
  • 10k gold ring.jpg
    10k gold ring.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,011
  • silver girl scout ring.jpg
    silver girl scout ring.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,005
  • no date buffalo.jpg
    no date buffalo.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,004
  • 1917 half.jpg
    1917 half.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 998
  • 1936 half.jpg
    1936 half.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,004
Upvote 0
Wow, :o

What a great site, :icon_thumleft: I think any of us would love to hunt there !! :headbang:
Awesome finds !! :notworthy:

Keep @ it and HH !! :D ;D

Nice !!!! Love the rings , & Silver :icon_thumright:

Hit that place HARD! go back again and again... there is lots to be found there... besides it may never be that low again... I'd hunt it every day for a month, since you pulling stuff out of it like that!

Chukers

Thanks. This place is about a mile from my home. Caught a lot of lunker bass from that lake as a kid. Being there brings back so many good memories. This is where i learned to swim. Had many canoe battles there. Drank some beer. Smoked some....... :dontknow: Its weird seeing it so barren. It was the place to be 40 years ago.

I'm with Chukers on that one-hit it while you can, sooner or later you might lose access. Silver halfs and rings bring on a smile every time.

That's a rather agressive eagle for Girl Scouts. Perhaps that was a 1980s Womens Lib influenced GS program.

Show me the ring with light coming through it from the back. I will bet you it is a 1940s to 1950 style and I can probably tell you about the stone. Also look at it closely and tell me if it has scratches or wear marks on the edges.

Nice Job. That's a very early Walker you have there.

Very cool place to hunt... :thumbsup:

What state are you in. That looks like down south somewhere because of the drought.
Am I close?

High Plains Digger said:
That's a rather agressive eagle for Girl Scouts. Perhaps that was a 1980s Womens Lib influenced GS program.

There are other examples of this ring here on Tnet. After working with GSUSA for 17 years, I always preferred this traditional style insignia. Both my daughters wore it.

Love that Gold Ring!!!

Great bunch of finds!!! That Excal must of been smoking. Congrats :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back