aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Call me a Plumber

Dec 17, 2007
Just because they say you are not allowed doesnt mean you have to believe them. Where the ,,,, is this place Colorado? The Plumber.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call me a Plumber said:
Just because they say you are not allowed doesnt mean you have to believe them. Where the ,,,, is this place Colorado? The Plumber.
BINGO no SHAVER LAKE CALIFORNIA

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
calisdad said:
Put on a hardhat and orange vest and go for it. :icon_sunny:
nope want to come to the WARDEN :read2:

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's Shaver? Wow. At the very least go in the back and clean up on tackle. :laughing7:

So they must be upgrading the dam?

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
calisdad said:
That's Shaver? Wow. At the very least go in the back and clean up on tackle. :laughing7:

So they must be upgrading the dam?
yes

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
From an October 17 article on the Fresno Bee site (there's a video clip there too) http://www.fresnobee.com/2011/10/17/2580843/draining-of-shaver-lake-exposes.html

Shaver Lake is low and getting lower by the day as crews prepare to put a protective liner on the bottom half of its concrete dam.

The draining of the Sierra lake reached a historic point: The original rock-fill dam is now visible for the first time since the statewide drought of the late 1970s.

The old dam, built in 1893 by lumberman C.B. Shaver, sits about 500 yards southeast of the modern dam and is visible from turnouts along Highway 168.

That's as close as the public will be allowed to get to the historic Old Mill Pond that formed behind the original dam. Lake operator Southern California Edison is restricting access to the exposed lakebed, both for public safety reasons and also to protect archaeological and cultural sites, company region manager Bill DeLain said.

Shaver Lake has not been drained to streambed levels since the concrete dam's completion in 1927. It will reach that level by the end of the month.

tenbears

Mar 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II,ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pic 8) I agree go in with hardhat and vest,but go in yellin and screamin like your top dog ;D Umm maybe add a name tag too :o :laughing7:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggemall said:
From an October 17 article on the Fresno Bee site (there's a video clip there too) http://www.fresnobee.com/2011/10/17/2580843/draining-of-shaver-lake-exposes.html

Shaver Lake is low and getting lower by the day as crews prepare to put a protective liner on the bottom half of its concrete dam.

The draining of the Sierra lake reached a historic point: The original rock-fill dam is now visible for the first time since the statewide drought of the late 1970s.

The old dam, built in 1893 by lumberman C.B. Shaver, sits about 500 yards southeast of the modern dam and is visible from turnouts along Highway 168.

That's as close as the public will be allowed to get to the historic Old Mill Pond that formed behind the original dam. Lake operator Southern California Edison is restricting access to the exposed lakebed, both for public safety reasons and also to protect archaeological and cultural sites, company region manager Bill DeLain said.

Shaver Lake has not been drained to streambed levels since the concrete dam's completion in 1927. It will reach that level by the end of the month.
:thumbsup:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tenbears said:
Cool pic 8) I agree go in with hardhat and vest,but go in yellin and screamin like your top dog ;D Umm maybe add a name tag too :o :laughing7:
or my dog ran out here and i cant find him :laughing7:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked the Colorado comment. Some time back the Denver water board decided the dam on Dillon Reservoir was a prime target for terrorism. Then they caught two guys filming a music video on the dam and shut the road down across it. The road across the dam allows traffic between Dillon and Frisco without having to get on I-70. Average of about 5,000 cars or so a day. Well after much wrangling, it's back open now. No trucks, rv's or towed trailers are allowed across. There are manned checkpoints at each end but you don't have to stop. There are drop down and pop up barriers in place. They also allowed the bike path to stay open. I'll try to get some pics. I've taken pics of the lake from near the dam, but did notice if I moved closer towards the dam the security guards perked up. The water in the reservoir belongs to Denver, but we are allowed to fish and boat in the lake. And p*ss in it, too. As far as I know that's ok.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
I liked the Colorado comment. Some time back the Denver water board decided the dam on Dillon Reservoir was a prime target for terrorism. Then they caught two guys filming a music video on the dam and shut the road down across it. The road across the dam allows traffic between Dillon and Frisco without having to get on I-70. Average of about 5,000 cars or so a day. Well after much wrangling, it's back open now. No trucks, rv's or towed trailers are allowed across. There are manned checkpoints at each end but you don't have to stop. There are drop down and pop up barriers in place. They also allowed the bike path to stay open. I'll try to get some pics. I've taken pics of the lake from near the dam, but did notice if I moved closer towards the dam the security guards perked up. The water in the reservoir belongs to Denver, but we are allowed to fish and boat in the lake. And p*ss in it, too. As far as I know that's ok.
that's interesting. most small dams are being reconstructed to withstand wat?

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad, they will protect the artifacts under water for who?

Until they rot away. :icon_scratch:

Fossis................

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if you can dive there when they fill it back up?

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fossis said:
Sad, they will protect the artifacts under water for who?

Until they rot away. :icon_scratch:

Fossis................
now they say they are going to remove it :dontknow:

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow id love to just walk around there!

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go start a fire on the opposite side, that'll keepem busy while you go look for your dog. :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread