Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
like a lot of you out there, I deal with constant back problems. it seems that when you get older, you really begin to notice the numerous injuries from your youth in many forms (usually pain). I take glucosomine etc for my lower back and it mostly helps most of the time but every once in a while it doesn't. I also have one of those inversion tables and do the chiro thing as well. This last episode included massages (which helped super short termed) but for the most part, I spent most of my time for 4 weeks lying on my back for relief. I had my wife walk on my back a lot and this usually helps too but alas no. Sitting was a major no-no, while it felt good at times to sit, it just made things worse when I tried to get out of the chair. I could stand for a little bit but then wanted to sit very badly but couldn't.

So it had been slowing easing off pain wise and yesterday I actually felt pretty good (for me.) The sun was out and it felt good so I grabbed the Deus and headed out to my still very wet permission to hunt a little. Managed two clad, about ten pull tabs, a horse shoe, some wire, some brass, headstamp, a bolt and the last target, a mangled lime firetruck. Yes, I was feeling it too but it was hard to stop. I am a little sore this morning but not bad. My crippled right foot is the main culprit for my problems as it gets my back out of sorts but my lower vertebrae are lousy from years of lifting heavy stuff at work (After I left, they got a lift). Anyways, it sure felt good to be out in the sun digging again. Having said all of that, I know that there are a lot of you out there that know all too well about back issues and I feel for you too. It was a very so-so hunt but I got a horseshoe and a firetruck! DL

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you are feeling a bit better and were able to get out! :icon_thumleft:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya the older we get the more we have to do just to keep what we have & to be able to do the same things we did yesterday. Not for whimps for sure.

Glad your out and feeling better

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

firemanphob

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2018
Lanesville, IN
Detector(s) used
White Coin master 4000
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel for you Dirtlooter. I retired at 61 because I just couldn't do it anymore. I worked hard for 50 years baling hay, rolling whisky barrels , and the last 25 was doing maintenance work with a lot of lifting, ladders, stairs, and concrete floors. I was hoping that after I retired my problems would get better but they're worse. When I get down on the ground to dig, I have to use the shovel to help me up. Lower back hurts when I stand so I sit down and then when I get up it hurts terribly until I get straightened up. Doctors say its just old age and old Arthur but I'm only 62. My dad is 88 and gets around as good as I do. I think loosing weight would help and have been walking a mile a day. Just hang in there. Best of luck to you. Getting old ain't for sissies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread