The late Eugene Powells collection (many pics sorry)

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met Eugene Powell while i was sneaking into a plowed field when i was dumb and younger, thinking i was busted the man waved and asked me if i liked arrowheads and when he was younger he did the same, lol. As we talked he started telling me that i need to come by and check out his collection. He was a very nice man that was more than happy for me to bring in several friends at times and even take pictures to show everyone that had no chance to see them. He loved his muesuem he took pride and joy into arranging each piece by size and shape. He loved for people to come by and take a look at it, not scarred to hide it away like most people. He collected for a passion of showing it not just for himself but young begginers like myself. We lost this collector this year, but thanks to him he showed me that its possible even with a old pair of legs to enjoy this awesome hobby we all love and that it will never grow old. Thanks for showing me your collection, heres for all.
imagejpeg_5_5.jpg

imagejpeg_4_5.jpg

imagejpeg_6_4.jpg

imagejpeg_2_23.jpg

imagejpeg_3_6.jpg

imagejpeg_4_4.jpg

imagejpeg_3_5.jpg

imagejpeg_5_4.jpg

imagejpeg_6_3.jpg

imagejpeg_7_3.jpg

imagejpeg_2_22.jpg

imagejpeg_3_4.jpg

imagejpeg_4_3.jpg

imagejpeg_5_3.jpg

imagejpeg_4_2.jpg

imagejpeg_3_3.jpg

hopewell cache he found
imagejpeg_5_2.jpg

imagejpeg_4.jpg

imagejpeg_7.jpg

imagejpeg_8.jpg

imagejpeg_2_19.jpg

imagejpeg_5.jpg

imagejpeg_6.jpg

imagejpeg_3_2.jpg

imagejpeg_2.jpg

imagejpeg_7_2.jpg

imagejpeg_2_20.jpg

imagejpeg_6_2.jpg

Upvote 2

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Back in the 60 through the late 80, a number of the old-time collectors had "museums." Maybe still around, I am not sure.

Ben Thompson operated a museum in southern Indiana.

René Battinau operated the Pow-Wow Museum in Edinburgh Indiana. Back in the 80s I went to his museum.

René F. Battinau, 62, died Monday, March 4, 2002
March 2010 I attended the estate sale of these relics.
wickliff_auction_03_04_2010.jpg

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic Collection of Native American Artifacts. God's Speed to Mr. Powell and his family with his passing. His collection certainly showed that he had a passion for History and his knowledge must have been vast. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread