the leaves fall

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Hello all, was on a field today close to my home, the dead leaves were flying around in the strong wind. I love this time of year you can feel the change of season and almost smell the history in the soil. On these type of days in England you can really sence something more than the beeping of the detector. The field I was searching as seen human activity for around 2000 years and you could sence it's echo. This was the best find a half groat think it's Henry VII Canterbury mint 1485-1509, what must the person have felt who lost this coin.

HH Robert

Attachments

• Half Groat 003.jpg
    Half Groat 003.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 272
  • Half Groat 002.jpg
    Half Groat 002.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 269
Upvote 0

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
robfinds said:
Hello all, was on a field today close to my home, the dead leaves were flying around in the strong wind. I love this time of year you can feel the change of season and almost smell the history in the soil. On these type of days in England you can really sence something more than the beeping of the detector. The field I was searching as seen human activity for around 2000 years and you could sence it's echo. This was the best find a half groat think it's Henry VII Canterbury mint 1485-1509, what must the person have felt who lost this coin.

HH Robert

he probably felt his wedding tackle a few times whilst trying to find it in his pocket :D

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
shaun7 said:
robfinds said:

HH Robert
Didn't have pockets in those days Shaun :icon_study:

he probably felt his wedding tackle a few times whilst trying to find it in his pocket :D

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
robfinds said:
shaun7 said:
robfinds said:

HH Robert
Didn't have pockets in those days Shaun :icon_study:

maybe they didn't round your way which is why they lost them!

but they deffinately had them round here ;D

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
he is still looking for that coin,and he found it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions