The legend of the ANCIENT ROMAN KINGDOM precious metal BC era coin. yes, It exists.

Brianbarr88

Jun 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg

So, you've heard about old ancient roman coins right? Some silver. Some gold, some even platinum and palladium. Don't forget your classic rhodium )even tho it wasn't established as a precious metal until the 1800's, it still was used in ancient days in the BC era of our mother planet earth. So does such a coin exist? One that is to the fullest a one of a kind item?? No..
It can't be..
But wait, this is not gold. This is a ... A .... WHAT!?!

It exists, and it's money in the bank. Whatcha think?

OP
OP
B

Brianbarr88

Jun 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg
And it continues.
It's palladium for those of you who don't already realize that.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
May I ask where this was found? Just a general description, not specific. Thank you in advance.

OP
OP
B

Brianbarr88

Jun 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My grandfather found this on his property in Utah.

OP
OP
B

Brianbarr88

Jun 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't I'd it.
It's been checked by local coin dealers and all they tell me is its very very soft and feels like a precious metal.
Looks like bronze almost. But has gold look on the sides.
Idk and help would be great..

deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
Shenandoah Valley Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Variant of Antoninus Pius, Billon Tetradrachm of Alexandria, Egypt. Dated Year 2. 138-139 - Billion is an alloy made of 60% copper and 40% silver. This would account for the softness and gold-like color. Don't assume it's rare just because someone cannot find an exact match on Google....get it to someone who specializes in ancient coins.

(Wikipedia) Billon coins from the Roman Empire, where progressive debasements of the Roman denarius and the Roman provincial tetradrachm in the 2nd century AD led to declining silver and increasing bronze content in these denominations of coins. Eventually, by the third quarter of the 2nd century AD, these coins were almost entirely bronze, with only a thin coating or even a wash of silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread