The Lost Seventynine mine in the Stave

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice lookn' spot to mutz and a putz in. I keep my treasures in a safe deposit box and fully insured for safety sake as tooooooooooooooo many yokels with detectors nowadays and they are like ants who rummage everywhere-John

OP
OP
Daryl Friesen

Daryl Friesen

Mar 21, 2003
Vancouver,British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Hey fellow Hoser,

I dont think very many of the ants will stray far away enough from the hill to reach this location. But sometimes the odd one does thats forsure.

Daryl

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Hola amigo,
Beautiful place. I am not familiar with the lost Seventynine mine, would you care to fill in the history, or even just the legend? Thank you in advance;
Oroblanco

Darshevo

Jun 16, 2010
Spokane, Wa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher CZ-6a
Man, you were flying down that road in the beginning ;D My old truck would rattle my teeth out of my head :tongue3:

No too sure about the path you found though. The growth isn't crazy on it, looks like a few years worth, not a few decades. Also, due to it's size and how level it is looks like a skidder track from a logging operation back in the 80's maybe. Hard to tell though through a video cam compared to standing right on it. Was the 79 a placer or a lode mine? If it was hard rock they would have needed a way to get the ore out. Looks like the trail parallels the creek, at any rate it would be well worth following it to see where it leads, could take you right there

Earlier in the summer I found an abandoned copper mine the hard way. After hiking all around it and following game trails we did happen across a road of sorts that was probably used to get the ore out.

-Lance

OP
OP
Daryl Friesen

Daryl Friesen

Mar 21, 2003
Vancouver,British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
There are many ways they could have got the ore out. This road I believe is the one the prospectors followed in as it follows the main road thats in there now which itself is very old. This road was used by loggers in the 80s I am sure. This road the one thats washed out and the one we were driving on was built in WW II. When I walked off into the bush and walked on the trail. I am sure that one was used by the original prospectors.Loggers could have used it as well and I am sure they did as they were in the area. THanks for the responses and I will get more info out there about the mines history. ALso yeah the road in the start of the vid was very rough but my truck now can handle it but a few years ago in my old blazer it was hell. So now I know why my one tooth fell out mysteriously a couple years ago. As like yourself man did that old blazer rattle and it had the worst suspension ever.

Daryl

www.spindlequest.com/lostmine.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread