The "Love of your life"... is like a motor home...

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
The "Love of your life"... is like a motor home...

There's an old saying... there is two times in your life when a motorhome owner is most enthusiastic. One is when you're buying it, and the other is when you're selling it. In between, it's kind of 'ho-hum'. This actually works on the idea that a person that can't have something, want's it more and more. But when they have it... the excitement and 'yearning' disappears. Human mind 101.

long story:
I wandered into my local liquor store [as usual] and see the same lady behind the counter, as usual... I tell her "My favorite Bar-tender" and she laughs and smiles as usual (first time I used that line, btw), and went on to get my weekly supplies and went to finish the sale at the register. It was then I noticed that she had been crying. She had put on her usual happy person appeal, but I couldn't help but notice that her eyes were wet. I didn't make note of it immediately and did my usual "Good day... lovely evening..", but I finished with, "so how are things in your life these days?". She told me, "Not good, ..,um, they are good.... [long pause], it's really bad because I'll be divorced soon and my ex is a really horrible person". She mentioned a few other things, and I tell her that it's very important to understand that she is now on a path to make her life better, and it's bad now, but every day is one step to the finish line".

... long story short. The RV that I was looking at, is not as desirable anymore. But, because I'm wise, I will understand this concept, and if someone upstairs has a plan for me... then I'll let it happen.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: The "Love of your life"... is like a motor home...

What are you looking for?? Rebounds?

I'd stay off that playing field :laughing9:

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

spartacus53 said:
What are you looking for?? Rebounds?

I'd stay off that playing field :laughing9:

I actually had no idea that she was married. I don't ask. But, I did have an crush on her. But, for the life of me, I couldn't image why anyone would treat this sweetheart badly... and yet, she's upset and getting divorced. Surely you've seen such a crazyness at one point in your life.
Also, theres an old saying, that no matter how attractive a women appears to be, there is at least one person in this world that is sick and tired of their crap. ..So, as you see... I take this with a grain of salt. Wisely, I take this with a grain of salt.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Being an ex, it would be appropriate to hear her exe's side of the story too, before I feel sorry for any of them.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

that is for some people

others do get what they want and are just as enthusiastic to have it all the time and enjoy every single minute of their life.

I am one of them :) so far

I own a travel trailer. I was thrilled the day I bought it, have an absolutely wonderful time every single time I use it, want to use it more and more and will be sad when I sell it....but thrilled to have gotten a better one when I get rid of this one. (of course I am literally talking about the camper :laughing7:)

you truly don't 'know' her. I have seen people smile every single day, be nice as can be, but at home they are a truly different person. and this goes for everyone. what one sees in short times in certain situations is never what a person is truly like.
so yea, you do have to get to know people inside and out to fathom what they are really like.

and same thing, 2 sides to all stories so I would like to know the real situation but being you aren't privy to it, we shall probably never know.

people can make life so darn hard for themselves. I will never understand that.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

I found the right one, married her, and when she passed away, I looked for a duplicate, but alass , there is none . I have come to the conclusion that we are allowed only one right one.
Now for the motorhome. I also found the right one and I always hunger for the next trip.
22 1/2', "six wheel drive" 305 deisel HP. Has everything I need. Frank

Attachments

• 500MH.jpg
    500MH.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 363
  • 500MH.jpg
    500MH.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 366

wayne_sa

Jun 30, 2009
san antonio

Mike, be there for her.
Do unto her as you would want to be done unto.
Your crush is not merely physical; you appreciate the woman.
She may appreciate the heck out of a motorhome.

My weekly list would include Gordon's gin, vermouth and Canadian Mist.

I would be there for her.

Happy Groundhog Day. :icon_thumleft:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other

Everyone is entitled to one good horse, one good dog and one good mate in their lifetime. Not just my theory, had an old Nevada buckaroo tell me that.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LMAOOOOOOO here we go Mike! I :love2: when I come to tnet and I get to read one of your stories! It makes for a great Monday morning!! Only you could notice a crybaby behind a cash-wrap in a liquor store! Thats a "NO GO" buddy ~just sayin! I hope you were checking out with something good like... St-Germain :) ...... and get the freakin RV!

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

I've had my eye on getting a 'Class-A' RV ( the big busses you see going down the highway and you wonder if a country singer is inside). I really like the idea that you can just go anywhere you please, and if you like the sunset...just park and like in your home for a couple days before moving on. With todays technology, you can get your phone, internet access, email, etc on the road. Plus, they have kitchen, even laundry room inside.

Also, sadly, I'm a cheap drinker, but I pick the best of the worst. My poison these days is bourbon. It used to be J.T. Morgan, but now it's 'Benchmark'.

I'm glad you like my stories.

but... she's cut as heck. I won't put any effort into it, but if it happens to come to fruition, I won't argue.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

A word of warning about those big class"A" vehicles. They are great on the interstates, but murder on the backroads and in parking lots. I had one for a couple of years and now drive the 22 1/2 ' Xplorer. Sure I still have to watch the height and width limits, but it handles as well as a car on the road, and better on some back trails with it's "all wheel drive". I can go out for 2 weeks on a gold claim in complete comfort and security. I can jump on line or enjoy the serenity of the middle of nowhere. Frank

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

Frankn said:
A word of warning about those big class"A" vehicles. They are great on the interstates, but murder on the backroads and in parking lots. I had one for a couple of years and now drive the 22 1/2 ' Xplorer. Sure I still have to watch the height and width limits, but it handles as well as a car on the road, and better on some back trails with it's "all wheel drive". I can go out for 2 weeks on a gold claim in complete comfort and security. I can jump on line or enjoy the serenity of the middle of nowhere. Frank

Yeah, I've thought about that too. My plan on that, is that, it's 'all in the tow vehicle'. Bottoming out and turning would be a nightmare. In a way, it's kind of like driving a tractor trailer.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

The tracter might handle better then A 40' MH. And look at it price wise. I paid $70,000 for my 22.5' class "c" but those 40 footers go in the $100,000+ range. Also look at service. You have to hunt for a place to get service on the 40' rigs, but I can just pull into any Dodge dealer.
There are two types of RV people, Campers and travelers. A camper goes to a campground and spends a week or two there then goes home. The traveler moves around at will seeing different places. He can change his plans a dozen times while traveling. When I travel cross country I stay in rest areas or Wall Marts, or Flying J, or Love stations and it cost me nothing. Out west I stay on a gold claim or Bureau Of Land Management property which is about $35/Wk. My 4x4 capibility gets me in where a class A driver can only dream about. It's all in what you are going to use it for. Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread