The Lure of Gold on the beach - a few coins, and a golden lure!

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
Another morning on the beach, another finds bag full of coins, costume jewelry, and fishing lures.

Just about every day I find fishing lures at water's edge on the swimming beach I detect on.

I always pick them up, no matter that they aren't worth much, because I hate to think of someone getting one of these hooks stuck in their foot while swimming - or detecting.

I'm not much into fishing these days, but with the collection of lures, weights, hooks and bobbers I've picked up on the beaches, I might have to buy a tackle box to store all this stuff into.

No gold today - just the golden lure.

Bill

Attachments

• drumcircle.jpg
    drumcircle.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 783
Upvote 0

Old_Okie

Jun 14, 2007
Looks like one of Tom Mann's from Eufaula, Al. (Nice place to visit if you ever go a bit north.)

Happy Hunting.

Old_Okie

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do the same thing, theres a beach down in cape may, I always find tons of fishing hooks n lures there, I carry a small bucket, I emptied it twice with hooks filled up and dont ya know one child did get one in their foot that day... and they are always rusted too.. so thank you for picking em up alot of folks just leave em, I cant stand the thoughts of anyone let alone a child getting hooked on one.. :thumbsup:

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Okie,

Tom Mann's place at Lake Eufaula is gone now. He passed away and it didn't take long for his great place to fade away. Tom was an amazing story. He grew up just a hundred yards from my grandparent's home in Penton, Alabama. I went to school with many of his neices and nephews. I have a photograph of his father and my Great Grandfather in a cotton field picking cotton.

Mann's Jelly Worm's for bass fishing were the norm when I was a boy. Tom got his start making fishing lures by hand an selling them to local fishermen. He was, of course, a great fisherman in his own right.

Sad day when he left the fishing world.

DaChief

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Lures are nice!

Probably $3 - $5 each if bought new.

Put 'em out at a yardsale if you're not gonna use 'em!

:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread