Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week, I shared a video of my brother and I finding an Indian head cent in a machine wrapped roll- my second ever and first within the last two years. It was an exciting moment for both of us. At the end of the day, we were not able to identify the date on the coin. So, what I did is take a few pictures using a magnifier right up against my phone camera. Then, I messed around with clarity, saturation, etc. to try and get the date to show up a little better. Here are the results:

imageedit_90_9583639007.gif
imageedit_96_5015525780.gif
IMG_4907 (2).JPG

If you think you can make anything out of these pictures, let me know. FYI it weighs 2.8 grams so it is not a fatty (actually I'm pretty sure coin machines reject fatties so I don't think this is even a possibility for MWRs)

Earlier this afternoon, I released the full hunt. Check it out if you're interested- we had fun with this one- even before the Indian head came out. Thanks for reading and watching!

Upvote 0

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
nice video i've only found IH it was 1906 sandwiched between two wheats what are the odds

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics. Thx for putting them up.

Third digit must a zero. No six or nine could be distorted that much. So, the second digit is probably a mangled nine, though I agree with you both that it looked a lot like an eight, at least from the vid views. And the final digit sure looks like a one. 1901 is my guess.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics. Thx for putting them up.

Third digit must a zero. No six or nine could be distorted that much. So, the second digit is probably a mangled nine, though I agree with you both that it looked a lot like an eight, at least from the vid views. And the final digit sure looks like a one. 1901 is my guess.

I think you're right. After taking these pics and enhancing them, that seems to be the only possibility.

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Regardless of the year, still a great find man!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread