austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You won't have to. Texas has the prettiest women, the fastest horses and the ugliest dogs in these here United States. That pic of yours proves it...

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Maybe thrillathunt will tell the story.. Its a silver cuff link, Victorian era..

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Albert and I decided to drive around old town yesterday and see if we could get permission to detect a yard. Well, it seems like everyone was either sleeping in (it was 11 AM:icon_scratch:) or they were out of town. We finally drove by a small empty lot next to a newer house where an older gentleman was tending to a small garden on it. Albert right away said, "I have seen this man around town let's stop and talk to him." So, we struck up a conversation, an the man said "sure, go ahead and while you're at it, see if you can locate the old water line from the street for me."

Well, it didn't take long to find the old iron pipeline, and we started finding old house "stuff" Lantern parts, old stove parts, you know, the usual junk. We did find 6 Wheaties the oldest being a very nice 1909, Albert's ugly dog cufflink:laughing7:....but no silver coins.:BangHead:

Anyways, it was shortly after noon and the gentleman and his wife went to lunch, while we were detecting. It wasn't long before the policeman pulls up and just stares at me. I said "hello" and he says "do y'all have permission to be here?" I said "yes sir" and he says, "What's the person's name?" I hollered over to Albert, "What's the man's name Albert?" He said it's Melvin! "OK then", the cop said, it's the Mayors yard so I just wanted to make sure no funny business is going on"??? We had no idea the man was the mayor, he was so nice to us, soft spoken and humble!!! We hunted a little more 'till the Mayor came home and we showed him all that we found and he was fascinated with what came out of his old empty lot and even told us the history of some other older spots in town! Looks like we have a new friend now!:hello2:

Thanks for listening to our little story.

Last edited:

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"ATTA BOY !!!" Nice P.R. =)

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick, you and Albert have all the luck. Or is Albert, you and Rick have all the luck? One of these days we will pass each other again. Saw a recent post about your killer 1 hour dig. Still waiting patiently for the picture issue to be fixed.

WE LIKE PICTURES!

RJGMC
HI BOB!

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick, you and Albert have all the luck. Or is Albert, you and Rick have all the luck? One of these days we will pass each other again. Saw a recent post about your killer 1 hour dig. Still waiting patiently for the picture issue to be fixed.

WE LIKE PICTURES!

RJGMC
HI BOB!

Sweet hunt Albert!. . . and Rick, thanks for filling us in with the story. . . and also what (Hi Bob:hello:) said about the pics :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread