๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
007.JPG
A handful of foreign coins, including a 1909 Italian, and an 1n 1861 British Farthing....
006.JPG
48 Indian head cents...
005.JPG
19 V nickels, and 2 shield nicks....
008.JPG
This dandy little 3 cent piece...
001.JPG 003.JPG 002.JPG 004.JPG

These awesome, yet kinda beat old school bills..1891 on the 10, early teens on the others......

Oh yea, some other goodies too, 37 wheats, random tokens, and maybe a Roman coin...I will post that one later.

Not bad for 20 bucks, huh?

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you did good, I would have paid $20.00 for sure! Good luck!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cool old things to have even if they aren't worth that much. (I have no idea)

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad somebody got them!! At this sale 1834 maple ave. is where they were at. This is where I got my 100 oz score from. These...

image-2830074561.jpg

She was a nice lady she let me pick out what I wanted and then I left the rest. I was afraid she would say she wanted another hundred dollars or so. And so I just left them. I was scared to touch the currency it was so rough. Just one question what is the condition on the 1874 Indianhead?? I almost went back for that one but changed my mind.

I'm glad to see somebody else got them from here though. Small world out there!!

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You were in my neighborhood, and didn't stop to say hi?!.... the 1874 is in VG condition, smooth, very legible date, but not an upgrade for my book..there was a 1890 in the mix, that was an upgrade by several grades.... I wanted to buy her Harley, but I didn't have 14K on me, and I don't ride..(yet!)

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You were in my neighborhood, and didn't stop to say hi?!.... the 1874 is in VG condition, smooth, very legible date, but not an upgrade for my book..there was a 1890 in the mix, that was an upgrade by several grades.... I wanted to buy her Harley, but I didn't have 14K on me, and I don't ride..(yet!)

There wasn't a three cent piece there yesterday and the Roman coin and less I miss them which is a possibility I guess. She was talking to me while I was looking through them so that's kind of a distraction. But she didn't have any idea what to ask really for all of them and I only had a couple more dollars On me anyways I think 30 at most. so I just picked out what I wanted and told her actually I told her to ask $50 for the rest of it. But I know she wanted to get rid of them. She didn't have anything else yesterday of much value.

She took me in the house and showed me a lot of stuff in there there was some old radios one was a crank radio some old camera stuff but I've gotten burned on electronics in the past so I don't mess with them very much anymore. I got a pretty nice grade 1856 I might post it on the coin section I don't know it looks like it might be about $100 or little more.

Speaking of Coins.. so I was talking with someone today and I might consign for him his coin collection he has and if so it's worth alot... He said it was appraised back in 1990 for $54,000 and there's a whole collection of high-graded Morgan silver dollars. And two large suitcases full of other coins. So if I get this I will be out of the garage sale circuit for probably a year but that is a okay with me.

It's probably better for you guys anyways if I am! Lol.

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know about the coin show on the 22nd is not at the Elks club this year?... my high rollin friends will help you on that quick

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did she show you the skull rings? Haha.....that's what I need!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did she show you the skull rings? Haha.....that's what I need!

They weren't silver rings? she didn't show me any rings. I asked and I tried but she said no jewelry. But she said she had a ton of stuff to look through too so maybe she found something. I did not leave my number

. You missed out on this beautiful Carson City quarter though it's a 1876 CC. Lol. It's rough.

image-3906806293.jpg image-2336591008.jpg

I have never been to one of those coin shows. I have heard about them. But never been.
I can make a good deal on that Carson City quarter though if you want it. LOL I've never seen one in such bad shape before.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread