The Motorcyclist

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
This one is kinda dumb, but kinda funny , too.

A motorcyclist picked up his friend from work one raw autumn day. The friend complained
he was cold from the wind, so the driver stopped and got his friend to turn his coat around,
so the collar would stop the wind from blowing down his neck. They went on aways, but
came to a construction site. Quickly, the cyclist bumped through the dirt path, and at
the end turned around to see how his friend was doing. He then discovered that his friend
had fallen off.

The cyclist rushed back along the dirt path, and discovered a group of construction
workers gathered around his friend. He pushed his way through the crowd and asked how
his friend was doing.

"He seemed alright," came the reply, "until we turned his head around the right way."

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave Gardner did a routine about this in the 50's that is still funny. If you dojn't know who Dave Gardner is, you have missed some really funny stuff.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's him. Brother Dave did real comedy! He was way ahead of his time in a lot of his stuff.

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
The name rings a bell but I can't recall any particular thing he did.

Ray

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The motorcycle comes from a story he did about Mr. Charles and Miss baby. Way too long to try to attempt to type it out. It was on the same album as the "Story of Julius Caesar". Search Amazon.com or for old albums on Google. It will be well worth it.

A

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
There used to be some really good ones out. I had one by Andy Grifith when I was a teen ager called,

"What It Was, Was Football." It was really good and had 3 different ones by him and the rest by other
popular commedians at the time. Then it got broke when my sister dropped it.

Ray

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
karenray08 said:
Then it got broke when my sister dropped it.

Ray

Bad thing about LP's.

If you want to get one that is a little more risque' but absolutely hilarious, look for an early Redd Foxx, live performance, Thanksgiving Day , I believe in Houston. I was a teenager and almost wet my pants laughing so hard.

A

whynot

Jan 27, 2005
Altamonte Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 w/ 9x12 coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As a kid I put together a crystal radio and stretched an antenna wire out about 50' or so... I used to listen to an AM station, I think it was in Louisiana, which played entire album sides of the comedians of the day and then they would hawk them for sale...

That's where I first heard the Andy Griffith "What it was, was football!" routine. ROFL.
(Played in a cow field):
"The object of the game, as I see it, was to take that funny-lookin' pumpkin from one end of the field to the other without gettin' knocked down or steppin' in somethin'!!! I believe I'll have another Big Red..."

Some of the more notable albums I recall were by Justin Wilson and Jerry Clower. If you want to learn how to tell a joke, check out some of their albums... I have some old cassette tapes (yes, 40 years ago we had cassette tapes, although most cars still had 8-tracks :) with some of their old stuff on them, but the sound is pretty grainy and very dim...

I'll have to share some of the jokes I remember from those old albums in this forum in the future.
HH
-Whynot

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Bill Cosby in his early years was very funny.
Noah is one of his greatest bits of all time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread