the name is -Ki- "Ky"

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
the name is -Ki- "Ky"

Hi everyone im kinda new to Tnet, and i go by -KI- :icon_pirat: in all my posts. My real name is Kiowa , I live in Clay City, Ky. I spend much of my free time hiking and taking pictures. Im new to detecting, and absolutly fell in love with it. Here lately i've been hunting treasure legends around my area. Seems like once the treasure bugg bites it dont ever let go. Im sure alot of you can say the same. Nice to meet everyone! -KI-

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,380

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Re: Hi my name is -KI-

Welcome aboard KI, I'm enjoying the quality pictures you've posted so far, looking foward to more. regards, Ryan

K

Kentucky Kache

Welcome to the forum, and to the wonderful world of treasure hunting.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome to Tnet. How did you get your name? A traditional 'Kiowa' greeting would be 'Get down, come in, you want to eat?' It comes from the old days. Let us know what you come up with, Kai-gu.

Attachments

• tnet.JPG
    tnet.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,289
OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Re: Hi my name is -Ki-

Thanks you all for the warm welcome, I've had a little free time here lately and fell in love with this forum, and Tnet from the start.

RGINN.... My mother gave me my name from the Kiowa Indians, or "Gaigwu Indians". I'm sure you know about them being from colorado, my brother just returned from colorado a few weeks back. He was telling me about pikes peek. He and my cousin who lives out there went hiking to the top of pikes peek and he said it was absolutely amazing, the pictures he took look amazing as well.
I never liked my name growing up, but i wouldn't trade it for nothing now!!! I am the only person around my parts that has the name, so when my name is mentioned they know whom there talking about. I do have Indian blood in my family, i have around a quarter Shawnee in me, which gives me the Indian look, dark hair and, dark skin.....
There are a few Shawnee/Cherokee treasure legends in my area which I'm actively researching, and searching for..wish me luck!
Well it was nice meeting you all.....hope to talk to you guys soon, and maybe have some great finds to share. Happy Hunting
-Ki- :coffee2:

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250

Good morning, Ki

Welcome to Mugs and Tnet. I like your posts too and i think your Mother did good with the name she chose for you. I
like the name.

have a great day and have a Happy Easter.

Ray

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool, Ki... Actually I'm from Oklahoma so I know a whole lot about the Kiowa Nation. I'm over here in Summit County but I haven't been up on Pike's Peak. I hear they charge people about $500 if they call for a ride back down after they've walked up. Keep after the research and best of luck!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:wave: Ki, great to meet ya! Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your finds.

:wink: RR

welcome53 (2).jpg

Attachments

• welcome53 (2).jpg
    welcome53 (2).jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 1,151

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Ki,

Nice to finally put a face to your name. I wish you luck in your treasure quest, Of course just the adventure is treasure to me. I am still waiting for a pic of one of your Ky agates I even dreamed about seeing them.

I have been to the top of Pikes Peak all 14,110 feet of it. Didn't hike it though I was on my honeymoon and we took the Cog Railway to the summit. What a view! I know you would like the Rocky Mountains and Garden of the Gods is spectacular. Every where you look it's a picture only thing is, pictures just don't do it justice.

Really enjoy your posts so keep them coming, I'll be in your neck of the woods later this year and we'll go on a hike in the gorge if you want. Anyway I'll PM you the details.

Oh, I make and play Kiowa love flutes and other Native American flutes as well. I will bring you one and teach you to play (it's easy) maybe trade for agate if you like.

GG~

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

Gater-Flea said:
Welcome Ki, I play golf over in Clay City :thumbsup:

Hey Gater, which golf coarse? meadows or beachfork.... i play alittle, but its been a few years. Im sure i could get my swing back.

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

Goodyguy said:
Hi Ki,

Nice to finally put a face to your name. I wish you luck in your treasure quest, Of course just the adventure is treasure to me. I am still waiting for a pic of one of your Ky agates I even dreamed about seeing them.

I have been to the top of Pikes Peak all 14,110 feet of it. Didn't hike it though I was on my honeymoon and we took the Cog Railway to the summit. What a view! I know you would like the Rocky Mountains and Garden of the Gods is spectacular. Every where you look it's a picture only thing is, pictures just don't do it justice.

Really enjoy your posts so keep them coming, I'll be in your neck of the woods later this year and we'll go on a hike in the gorge if you want. Anyway I'll PM you the details.

Oh, I make and play Kiowa love flutes and other Native American flutes as well. I will bring you one and teach you to play (it's easy) maybe trade for agate if you like.

GG~

Hey there GG, Hope all is well..... I keep meaning to take some pics of them, but I've been keeping myself busy hunting those morel mushrooms. Only have very few weeks to find them, before there gone till next year. Thats awesome you've dreamed about them, sure thing though soon as i get some time i take a few shots. When you plan to come down this way, let me know. I'll show you some good places to MD around here in clay city. Lots of old home places out in the woods from back in the 1800's. Id love checking out the Kiowa love flutes as well. Just send me a PM or e-mail when you get ready to come down.....Ill email you some agate pics soon, and yeah I'll give ya some to bring home... My brother was telling me about pikes peek being above 14,000 ft. He said the air up there is thin, and was a long walk back down, he enjoyed it though....very beautiful country.

talk to ya soon GG -Ki-

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used

Thanks everyone for the kind words, and the welcomes.... its been really nice meeting you guys on here. I wish i could reply to everyones replies, so i thought id put my thankyou's in this one post, but it really does mean a lot!!! :icon_sunny: You guys are great :thumbsup: -Ki-

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

-Ki- said:
Thanks you all for the warm welcome, I've had a little free time here lately and fell in love with this forum, and Tnet from the start.

RGINN.... My mother gave me my name from the Kiowa Indians, or "Gaigwu Indians". I'm sure you know about them being from colorado, my brother just returned from colorado a few weeks back. He was telling me about pikes peek. He and my cousin who lives out there went hiking to the top of pikes peek and he said it was absolutely amazing, the pictures he took look amazing as well.
I never liked my name growing up, but i wouldn't trade it for nothing now!!! I am the only person around my parts that has the name, so when my name is mentioned they know whom there talking about. I do have Indian blood in my family, i have around a quarter Shawnee in me, which gives me the Indian look, dark hair and, dark skin.....
There are a few Shawnee/Cherokee treasure legends in my area which I'm actively researching, and searching for..wish me luck!
Well it was nice meeting you all.....hope to talk to you guys soon, and maybe have some great finds to share. Happy Hunting
-Ki- :coffee2:

There are a lot of Americans who have some Indian blood and don't know. Only within the last 2 years did I begin to find out I've got some Cherokee, a little on both sides of the family. :wink:

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: the name is -Ki- "Ky"

WELCOME TO TREASURE-NET KI.

Fossis............

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: the name is -Ki- "Ky"

Welcome to T-net and cant wait to seee your finds, have loved your posts so far keep them comming!

Attachments

• bear5.jpg
    bear5.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 872
  • bear5.jpg
    bear5.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 866
OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009